Agnostic.com
6 12

I finally dug out my giant overgrown Alaska Rhubarb plant and divided the rootball. It was bolting every year and producing giant seed pod flowers. I think I got 8 smaller divisions and will plant a few around my yard. Can you have too much Rhubarb for cobblers and jams?

FrostyJim 8 May 22
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, never enough rhubarb! I was so excited when a few years back I learned that you can just slice it up and freeze it raw, always have some ready in the freezer.

Don't know but they don't look very giant. I have two in the side yard and they are much bigger. One in the front, which is partially shaded, got even bigger and I couldn't figure out why. One day looking out the window I did figure it out. It is right under the winter suet feeder for the birds. Gets lots of natural fertilizer.

JackPedigo Level 9 May 22, 2020

It is still early Spring here and my rhubarb just sprouted a week ago. Here is a shot at harvest time.

@FrostyJim Very nice. Similar to mine partly red but mostly green. Mine are ready now and will continue growing for at least another month.

That's a fact. Just ask your neighbors.

MarkWD Level 7 May 22, 2020

Yup, ya do not want to run out of sugar making jams.. that's all i was saying, giving how tart rhubarb is.

Looks virile Jim. I can never keep them alive! I doubt yours would like our dry and hot conditions though my organic farming mate seems to do quite well with his variety.

Do you have apple rhubarb. I remember my uncle sitting on his sofa after his stroke in the late fifties watching it grow each day. The stalk grew 2-3" per day. The stalk up to 3"x1½"/2” deep. They grew to at least 5' tall and were green in colour hence the name.

I've never seen apple rhubarb out here.

FrayedBear Level 9 May 22, 2020

Only if you have not enough sugar lol.... lol

Not?

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 32

Photos 5,325 More

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,507Top