Agnostic.com
0 1

Just noticed an article about being rude , when it comes to money . I was particularly interested in the comment about tips . When I was young , decades ago , you paid for your meal , and you would leave a tip , To Insure Prompt Service . It was a gift , given for someone who provided good service , at the discression of the patron . Then the resturant management decided to increase their profit . They cut the wages they paid their staff , without cutting the prices they charged for the meals , and made the public responsible for the staff wages . True , the staff is not being paid within the minimum salary guidelines . But wouldn't it make more sense if the correct price for your meal was listed up front on the menus . I've even read of beauty shops , which post the cost for specific procedures , then get angry when their patrons don't add a hefty amount to the sum posted . If you think you deserve higher wages , if you think your work is worth more , then that's what you should be posting on your signs . Personally , I began avoiding all this many decades ago . If my hair needs cutting , I get out a pair of scissors and cut it myself . The vast majority of my meals , I prepare at home , although I do drive through the fast food pick up windows , rather more often than I like to acknowledge . I , like everyone else , would love to have all the strangers that pass by me handing me their money , although I don't see myself degrading others who don't , in my opinion , just give me enough of their hard earned cash . I worked , putting in about 45 years total , before I retired . Aside from one summer that I worked as a waitress , just out of high school , my jobs didn't include tips . My work was evaluated , and I was paid , at least in part , based on the work I was doing , although there's still a major discrepancy between what men and women get paid for doing the same work , world wide .

Cast1es 9 June 26
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

Recent Visitors 6

Photos

Posted by Cast1esReal estate can be a good way to invest , even if it's only the home you live in , but sometimes , there are unexpected costs .

Posted by Cast1esReal estate can be a good way to invest , even if it's only the home you live in , but sometimes , there are unexpected costs .

Posted by PinkyandtheBrainGood correction. I actually consulted with a lot of people.

• Top tags#Stocks #money #Stockmarket #Investing #tech #video #hope #children #NikolaTesla #DonaldTrump #earth #world #China #technology #faith #kids #reason #hell #media #god #cars #Friday #friends #federal #vote #book #Atheist #apple #holiday #created #computers #millenials #church #Netflix #Generations #laws #Song #death #dying #republicans #advice #religion #Texas #sex #Socialmedia #humor #dollar #simulation #religious #belief ...

Members 62Top