Agnostic.com
1 8
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very sad and disturbing. It seems no matter how much some of us try to become more informed of trans issues, there will remain a solid army of hateful people. One's life or death should never depend on another person's state of moral stuntedness. But obviously it unfortunately does. Of course living one's life openly and authentically is very important for self-acceptance, and yet it can end in murder. I geniunely worry for my sister-in-law, who just transitioned last summer. So far she is feeling much positive energy coming to her, but a lone deranged person can end a life.

I try to accept the possibility in the broader scheme of there being lots of other ways I could meet an untimely end. I could be stabbed for my phone or my money. I could be run off the road by a maniac driver. I could be hit by a stray bullet, meant for someone else. I could be blown up or run over in the next terrorist attack. Most of it just boils down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that can happen to any of us.

That's not to play down the tragedy of trans murder. But too many people stay in their closets for the false perception of safety, when in fact they're living with much higher risks every single day. We all have to find that balance of risk vs reward, and if the price of being slightly safer is denying your identity, I think many trans people would tell you that they'll happily take that risk in order to be their authentic selves.

@NicoleCadmium very well put. My head already knew what you spelled out, but my gut still worries. Thanks for the encouraging pep talk!

Recent Visitors 24

Photos 269 More

Posted by snytiger6Coming out ...

Posted by snytiger6Larissa awakens Christmas morning to find ...

Posted by CliffordCook([iowafaithleadercoalition.

Posted by snytiger6Victoria's Secret model, huh ...

Posted by snytiger6I come in peace ...

Posted by snytiger6You need to find peace with your uniqueness...

Posted by snytiger6The only choice made was to be myself...

Posted by snytiger6The day you graduate from...

Posted by snytiger6Trust me. There is no other man...

Posted by snytiger6The bible belt...

Posted by snytiger6Condiment come out...

Posted by snytiger6I think the pastor is coming out...

Posted by CeaselessmindIt works best when you can take a bigoted letter and throw it right back in their faces! I fuckin love whoever did this!

Posted by snytiger6My artistic idol...

Posted by snytiger6You, religions and the holy book

Posted by inigomontoyaI identify as bigender. Most LGBTQ+ people don’t even know what that is. 😂

• Top tags#gay #video #community #transgender #friends #gender #sex #god #hope #DonaldTrump #religion #LGBT #rights #world #religious #relationship #queer #nation #Christian #marriage #children #kids #money #laws #Atheist #church #parents #hello #reason #book #wife #ComingOut #Identity #dogs #Catholic #Jesus #Bible #films #Song #movies #Police #republicans #atheism #vote #death #society #culture #homosexuality #Christians #mother ...

Members 980Top