Agnostic.com
2 3

This is idiotic!!!

NEARLY HALF A MILLION "INVASIVE" OWLS, INCLUDING THEIR HYBRID OFFSPRING, TO BE KILLED BY US

[livescience.com]

TheoryNumber3 8 July 22
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How about planting trees to restore the logged forests and ranges for the 'species'? If they can interbreed, are they really different species, or varieties of one? Seems more like an excuse to go out and shoot owls.

racocn8 Level 9 July 22, 2024

And you have a better idea?

Druvius Level 8 July 22, 2024

Yes. I believe in conservation, but this is just unnecessary slaughter. I would rather see a small number of birds die by natural selection than half a million by massacre

@TheoryNumber3 They HAVE to do something unless the law is changed. I tend to agree with you, the law was badly written giving too much emphasis on threatened species and not enough on habitat conservation and restoration. Afraid if Congress rewrote it now, they'd make it even worse.

@Druvius They do tend to make an untenable situation even moreso. Stupid uninformed politicians are elected by stupid uninformed voters.

@TheoryNumber3 And our understanding of ecosystems has grown by leaps and bounds since the act was passed. It was a good start, but corporate America has made great strides at sidelining the environmental movement. Hell, they've pretty much sidelined actually running the country, now were just an international arms bazaar.

@Druvius It's even worse than that. I just posted this : Animals are disappearing too fast for researchers to record all of the extinctions we've caused.

[livescience.com]

@TheoryNumber3 You're preaching to the converted, I am sadly aware of the ongoing widespread ecological destruction taking place on Earth. it's a nightmare, future generations (If there are any) will look back in horror.

Recent Visitors 7

Photos 268 More

Posted by TheoryNumber3The Electric Frog..... wasn't that a dance in the 70s? Light-Up Frogs From Brazil Have Fluorescent Bones [cdn.jwplayer.com]

Posted by TheoryNumber3Exactly how much damage have humans done to this planet?

Posted by TheoryNumber3This is idiotic!!! NEARLY HALF A MILLION "INVASIVE" OWLS, INCLUDING THEIR HYBRID OFFSPRING, TO BE KILLED BY US [livescience.com]

Posted by TheoryNumber3Talk about a second story man

Posted by TheoryNumber3Birds are some of the most colorful animals on Earth, with a palette of rainbow tones to feast your eyes on. Here are our picks for some of our most flamboyant feathered friends. [livescience.com]

Posted by TheoryNumber3 Husky Beaten with Mallet Rescued, Justice Served On May 10, justice was served as Jaimes was sentenced to 70.8 months incarceration [onegreenplanet.org]

Posted by TheoryNumber3Ok tough guy... let's see whatcha got

Posted by TheoryNumber3That just ain't logical. Woof!

Posted by glennlabThese people should have their hunting licenses revoked and banned from ever being allowed to ever own any type of weapon again.

Posted by TheoryNumber3Here Kitty Kitty ! (Or maybe not) [newsbreak.com]

Posted by tinkercreekSquirrels, if they're not teasing the dogs and cats, or begging for handouts at the window:

Posted by HeffsterIn case you were wondering what happened to the dinosaurs, here's a baby blue heron for you.

Posted by TheoryNumber3Now, in an open letter(opens in new tab) to the Biden administration published Oct.

Posted by TheoryNumber3Screaming monkeys, 'headless' penguins and face-planting zebras take top honors in Comedy Wildlife awards [livescience.com] What do you mean "smile"?! I am smiling!

Posted by tinkercreekGo ahead, buy those pumpkins!

Posted by glennlabSince I have installed the bird/cat spikes my pond has been flourishing and my fish growing.

• Top tags#video #dogs #cats #animals #world #god #church #religious #Australia #friends #fish #pets #birds #religion #species #children #Jesus #atheism #death #relationship #parents #magic #Song #college #LMAO #books #earth #monkeys #reason #Atheist #advice #puppy #sleep #belief #evidence #beliefs #agnostic #DonaldTrump #community #movies #dance #humans #sex #government #myths #saved #kids #ancestors #society #evolution ...

Members 151Top