Agnostic.com
10 11

That's the truth! Lol

MichelleGar1 9 Nov 10
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have an oven, that color, from 1973 still going strong. (but one burner no longer works. What single man uses four burners all at once?)

Volvo used to advertise a many year life expectancy of it's estate wagons and that they were the last to go on the scrap heap.

FrayedBear Level 9 Nov 11, 2021

Planned obsolescence!
7 years ago my washing machine wouldn't work when I moved here. The following week I bought an even older Hoover top loader. About a month ago following a power brown out due to sever voltage drop through degradation of the pole to house supply wire I managed to destroy the lid getting the wet washing out to finish it at the laundromat. Imagine my surprise after power restoration to find that the machine still works! A stick of wood now presses the safety switch in and a plastic lid stops water splashes. I just have to be careful not to drop clothing between the drum & the casing.
I paid $AU20, $US15, for the now 40+ year old washing machine. All that I ever did was to glass fibre over the decaying plastic casing top. The steel sides are fine.

FrayedBear Level 9 Nov 11, 2021

When I was a kid, we had a GE refrigerator, it had an L shaped handle ( this is how I knew it was the fridge from my childhood years later ) . My father broke the handle and put on a pair of Vise Grip Pliers to replace the broken handle . New kitchen, new appliances, fast forward to my Junior Year in College, I walk into a friends apartment, and here is the Fridge ( Vise Grip handle and all ) . Kept beer colder than any Refrigerator than any that I have Ever Owned

GEGR Level 7 Nov 11, 2021

I wished they could make cars like that!

ballou Level 8 Nov 10, 2021

@ballou I know! That's why I only buy Toyota's or Honda's

@MichelleGar1 smart girl!

@MichelleGar1 As well as an oversupply of apostrophes.

Sorry: apostrophe's 🙂

Still have one as my basement beer fridge - love it

@bookofmorons Nice! 🍻

@MichelleGar1 agreed - not frost free though which requires some maintenance work - totally worth it

@bookofmorons I remember those! Lol

Once, an old washer I had broke - motor stopped. It said not to open the casing as you might lose the oil in it. I thought what the hell, nothing to lose. Opened it and found a broken, hard plastic cog. Took the cog to the place that sold appliance replacement parts. The guy said, yep, that's what always breaks after 10 or so years and few people replace them. I thought, geez, a metal one would let that sucker run for a couple decades or so. So, I replaced it and it ran great. Still running 8 years later when I divorced.

@Beowulfsfriend Most of us, like me, are not mechanically inclined. I wouldn't know what to do. You have that! Yeah most of the times it's something that simple! I'm taken advantage of because of my lack of knowledge about appliances.

Truly.

KateOahu Level 8 Nov 10, 2021

My Frigidaire electric kitchen stove was a brand new appliance when I moved into my house in 2016. At the end of 2019 two of the four burners on top had burned out and in July 2020 the oven element burned out.
I bought a new stove from Home Depot in August 2020. Not a Frigidaire.

OldGoat43 Level 9 Nov 10, 2021

@OldGoat43 I've had to replace my stove too! My parents barely replaced there's, the stove they had lasted 40 plus year's!

See when we have to replace these stove's, hopefully not too soon!

@MichelleGar1 . Here's an opposite view:
In 1978 my girlfriend, Sharon, got a job in another city and asked me to take care of her 1973 Sharp Microwave until she could come back and pick it up. I said OK, but told her that I would use it meanwhile.
I used Sharon's microwave until 2018 when I bought a new one on sale. I put Sharon's Sharp Microwave in the basement. However, within one year the new microwave quit working, so I had to throw it away and go to the basement and find Sharon's Sharp Microwave which is now almost fifty years old.

@OldGoat43 Thing's nowadays are made not to last long so we can buy them again!

105% truth!

Diaco Level 7 Nov 10, 2021
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny 😁

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators