Agnostic.com
5 8

Sounds like BS to me but fascinating to think about

OldMetalHead 9 Nov 19
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"#3.The odds of being life on any planets within 100 L.Y. of us are nil. (most scientists search within the 100 LY range because it was about 100 years. ago that we first sent strong radio and TV waves in to space - hence only folk within 100 LY of us would even know we exist. "

shouldn't they have only searched 50 LY, since it would take 50 years for a reply to be sent back?
(or for us to see the space armada racing our way to annihilate the ape-shit stupid primates with nukes?)

What "U.S. Ecologist" said this? I call B.S.! Please seek to find out more about this alleged comment.

But about the question....Are there Aliens? Can we travel to stars? Should we?

I've done a lot of research on this.

Short answer...No, no, and. no.

It ain't gonna happen for several reasons

#1 - We can go 18.6 miles per second now. That's 1/10,000th the speed of light. That will get us to our nearest star system -which is 4.3 light years ( L.Y.) away, in 43,000 years. In other words....all star systems are much too far from us.

Even if we somehow achieve moving at light speed...or through "worm holes"...Who would bother doing this?

#2. Even talking to ET, via radio (going speed of light, or 186K per second) would take 8.6 years round trip message.

#3.The odds of being life on any planets within 100 L.Y. of us are nil. (most scientists search within the 100 LY range because it was about 100 years. ago that we first sent strong radio and TV waves in to space - hence only folk within 100 LY of us would even know we exist.

There's about 500+ systems within that range...of which only a few have rocky planets that are in the "goldilocks" zone (not too hot, not too cool...so likely to have water and life). So there has been several "Earth-like" planets that are out there...but all that we've found are over 100 LY away.

Out of those few, there's a much reduced likelihood that they evolved at the same pace we did...so their civilization's either come and gone...or not there yet.

In September 2020, astronomers identified 24 superhabitable planet (planets better than Earth) contenders, from among more than 4000 confirmed exoplanets at present, based on astrophysical parameters, as well as the natural history of known life forms on the Earth.

[en.wikipedia.org]

[solstation.com]

Robecology Level 9 Nov 21, 2021

Utter nonsense. Our biochemistry perfectly matches what we'd expect if we evolved with the other primates.

On the other hand, there's this that does strongly suggest that aliens left some of their experiments behind:

[agnostic.com]

racocn8 Level 9 Nov 20, 2021

Less bs-like than the God creativity theory!

FrayedBear Level 9 Nov 20, 2021

As I said before, I'm curious where this "ecologist" got their "degree".

Paul4747 Level 8 Nov 19, 2021

Cracker Jacks University of Nawledge.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 26

Photos 77,317 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFeminist food for thought…

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

Posted by Ryo1"Everyone" 😆😆😆

Posted by noworry28So no free gas ever.

Posted by glennlabParenting is hard when you're honest

Posted by glennlabI proudly served, even if it was reluctantly, for 6 years.

Posted by bookofmoronscouldn't hurt I guess

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,988Top

Moderators