Agnostic.com
1 1

LINK Supreme Court’s ruling sets new standards for gun control legislation | NewsChain

It's over. 😔 Any hope is now official no more.

I don't often recommend reading of legal commentary (or legal briefs) because they're so wordy and so very dry. (Like love letters from me. Or so my ex husband said.) 😜🤭

I suggest interested parties actually read this. It's well written without all the herewith, therfore, hereto, and not withstandings. It's an easy read.

Maybe the 2nd saddest read of my lifetime. Right behind the obituary I wrote for my son. 😢 (I don't mean that dramatically. Literally. For me. 20 years of just wanting the death to stop. And SCOTUS just said, "Fuck all you people that want to live past 24. And fuck the rest of you that are past 24. We don't care. We're here to overturn ANY and ALL progress dating back to Jim Crow. Watch and weep, Suckers!!!! “

Merrick Garland says he's gonna look this over. We should all feel better. #stfu #liar

In-part (the text in bold is really the entire ruling. After that, it's just a whole lot of word salad.):
The Supreme Court’s so-called Bruen decision changed the test that lower courts had long used for evaluating challenges to firearm restrictions.

Judges should no longer consider whether the law serves public interests like enhancing public safety, the justices said.

Under the Supreme Court’s new test, the government that wants to uphold a gun restriction must look back into history to show it is consistent with the country’s “historical tradition of firearm regulation”.

Judges have shot down a federal ban on possessing guns with serial numbers removed and gun restrictions for young adults in Texas and have blocked the enforcement of Delaware’s ban on the possession of homemade “ghost guns”.

SeaGreenEyez 9 Feb 24
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Stupidity and greed will be the downfall of this country. I don't believe this is hyperbole.

Sticks48 Level 9 Feb 24, 2023

Recent Visitors 6

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #parents #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 918Top