Agnostic.com
4 2

[msn.com]
Sport in the USA
Your team loses so you try to kill as many supporters of the opposing team as possible.
Sport in England
Arsenal are thrashing West Ham in a premiership football match so thousands of West Ham supporters leave the stadium at half time and go home.

#USA
Moravian 8 Feb 15
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Turns out it was children with guns, no doubt given to them by their doting parents as Tejas would celebrate.

Druvius Level 8 Feb 16, 2024

[bing.com] Woman who gave her son a gun charged with manslaughter . Hopefully this will make other parents think.

So you mean it was thug related, like most shootings. Big surprise criminals doing criminal things.

@Tejas Oh look, our pro school shooting troll is here. Now you're in favor of gang shootings. At least you're consistent. Is there a mass shooting that didn't turn you on? No need to answer, we know ammosexuals get their rocks off on mass shootings.

@Druvius I don't understand why you lie and make things up. Are you trying to convince yourself you're right? Because I just think you're stupid and dishonest.

So far it sounds like a personal dispute gone bad, but at least one shooter just went nuts and fired wildly all around. Too many easily available large capacity semi-automatics around, anybody can get one.

Druvius Level 8 Feb 15, 2024

Not anybody can get one.

@Tejas Is this your first day in America, a land awash with guns? Oh, wait, you're the guy who thinks parents should give their disturbed children glocks, and they can freely do so. That's not enough for you? You angry they can't be bought in vending machines?

@Druvius you're an idiot

As insane and unsafe as life can be in America, the motivation for this shooting has not been officially determined. Such speculation does not really help.

Certainly does not help to curtail shootings i'll give you that. As usual after such a shooting the president, Biden in this case, makes the usual inane comment about controlling gun ownership.

@Moravian speak for yourself, please. Gun ownership is totally out of control here. The NRA owns legislators and that must stop.

@pamagain I agree with you. I am speaking as an observer from accross the pond who has friends and relatives in the USA. I have travelled widely in the USA and have always found the people friendly and welcoming but there is always the very slight chance that I could find myself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Generally Americans aren't violent when their team loses. American football fans are way less violent than futball that you Europeans and South Americans play. I can't even count how many times I've heard of riots or huge groups of people fighting over what I call a soccer game. The shooting you're referencing was likely due to people fighting over something else, Americans don't care that much. When I lived in Argentina for a time the local embassy told us not to wear certain futball teams colors in certain parts of the country or we would almost definitely be attacked by locals, you don't see that in the US

Tejas Level 8 Feb 15, 2024

Not really surprising as watching American football or baseball would lull anyone into a soporific state. I agree with you about football. Many teams have "casuals" who just want to make trouble.
Now Rugby union, which has a passing resemblance to American football, the ball looks similar , is a different thing altogether.
We are currently half way through the six nations competition. There is no segregation of supporters and they are considered mature enough to have a drink without causing trouble.
In last Saturday's game between Scotland and France Scotland were denied a game winning try by inept refereeing and all that happened was that the referee was booed by the Scotland supporters . If a similar thing had happened at a football match there would probably ahve been a riot.

@Moravian One of my favorite DS9 episodes is where three different times to different aliens the captain mentions baseball, and every time the alien responds with something like ... "Baseball? Oh, yes. That weird human game where a bunch of guys stand around for three hours and nothing happens."

@Druvius
A bit like cricket. Here is the Monty Pyrthon guide to the game =
Never mind Python, it's quite simple . .

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

@Moravian Everyone knows there's no actual game of Cricket, it's just a long running British joke like crop circles. 🙂

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 10

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #parents #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 918Top