Agnostic.com
5 7

My mom had an aneurysm this past Wednesday while I was in Virginia visiting Metalhead222. We both made it back to El Paso, TX.

My mom has slurred speech and when I visited her in the hospital and talk to her on video chat, she appears to be lost in a way. While on video chat, she took off her monitors and IV and ran out of her room. Will I get my mom back or is this going to be how she is now.

MichelleGar1 9 Jan 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You will no doubt see huge improvements BUT do not put pressure on her by wanting/expecting "the old Mom" to show up, ever!
After my brain-stem stroke this expectation was the hardest thing to deal with, for Years!!!
SHORT Conversations about neutral things, perhaps a reminisce or two (if she remembers...do Not say "but you must remember", fergawdsake!
No Stress, she is overwhelmed physically & emotionally right now!!!! She did the right thing for her at the moment by fleeing the interview!
I have lived with the aftermathS from my stroke for 40 years now....email me at anneingroton@gmail.com if you would like.

AnneWimsey Level 9 Aug 11, 2022

@AnneWimsey I will, thank you for commenting! I will definitely email you! I have so many questions and concerns!

It is all about making telomeres. And if she is willing & cogent. Sorry to hear of this misfortune. Life is constantly evolving with new & challenging obstacles.

Mooolah Level 8 Aug 11, 2022

People do recover, how much is unknown.

Theresa_N Level 8 Jan 3, 2022

It's not uncommon for that after a incident, confusion can occur to anyone in a hospital with the monitors and sounds. It's encouraging that she can walk etc, see her and talk to her doctors it's usually a temporary state

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 3, 2022

Sorry to hear about your mom’s aneurysm Michelle and hope she makes a good recovery. I’m not qualified to answer your question but understand it was probably rhetorical anyway. We can only trust in the medics and doctors who are treating her to do their best to help her back to health again. My thoughts are with you.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 22

Photos

Posted by AnnaledaI see there is not a lot of activity in this group.

Posted by of-the-mountainWhy has Zoology become so zoological??? Seems some want to revert too, what others might want too? I hope this is not condescending in any way!!! Just a condition maybe some can question???

Posted by AiveryThis sucks

Posted by pamb68Hang in there

• Top tags#anxiety #Mentalhealth #video #depression #reason #children #hospital #friends #death #hell #god #Atheist #authors #mother #crimes #forgive #hope #world #empathy #Nightterrers #kids #parents #evil #liberal #schools #holiday #memes #pizza #university #religion #Christian #sex #freedom #Mental #insane #hallucinations #dance #divine #pets #existence #created #belief #beliefs #suicide #money #Israel #voters #blog #fear #tech ...

Members 82Top