Agnostic.com
2 0

LINK Dream Energy Generated by Our Own Little 'Sun'!

The breakthrough humanity needs the most – sustainable nuclear fusion power that produces clean, virtually limitless energy.
The world's best scientists are trying to create a 'miniature Sun' on Earth to tap its fusion energy.

Jetty 7 Jan 31
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

costing 20 Billion Euro...that's 22 billion dollars, round numbers. Imagine if they invested that in a few thousand wind generators? or how about a few square miles of solar PV? No heat needed. No containment. Simple, cool, limitless energy thanks to that big fusion reactor in the sky....that we get for free....

"The world's best (?) scientists are trying to create a 'miniature Sun' on Earth to tap its fusion energy, costing over Euro 20 billion and India is a full partner in this mega project. Called The ITER Project or The Path, it has Made in India..."

Please; this is, as the article itself states, "he old joke in physics is that nuclear fusion is the technology that always exists 30 years in the future."

Where would these scientists scrape up 20 billion Euro/22 billion US dollars?

Sad, naive. Ignorant.

Read what China is doing...with a lot less money;

[en.wikipedia.org]

Robecology Level 9 Jan 31, 2020

@Jetty I just can't see the wisdom nor the truth in your comment "Solar/wind/hydro power may be clean but not necessarily sustainable and limitless."

They ill be far more sustainable and limitless than any fusion reaction.

Fusion still involves intense, incredibly high heat - on the order of tens of thousands of degrees, C or F. That will stress and age any earthly containment.

Wind generators will have a heat max of just a few hundred degrees C or F. Much, much less aging and stressful on the equipment - and far safer.

Solar uses simple materials...mostly the common element silicon - we call it sand...also a basic ingredient in glass.....which will make solar energy gathering even easier than wind or hydro.

Why go the complex, dangerous, high heat (fusion) direction when wind, running/flowing water, and Solar PV are cooler, simpler, and efficient?

Here's a techie breakdown of what I've outlined, above;

[quantumrun.com]

@Jetty The UK (England) is leading the world in wind-turbine energy;

[npr.org]

@Jetty I'm not arguing that Fusion isn't safe, or not CO2 polluting, I arguing that the cost to contain and control the heat will be astronomical.

The safer the better...but trying to "contain the sun" is not only not very safe; it's just a dead-end strategy, IMO.

Can't get done soon enough

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 31, 2020

Recent Visitors 20

Photos 136 More

Posted by racocn8I saw some articles on meteorite composition and ended up with this picture.

Posted by racocn8Here are some photos of eggs deposited on the underside of leaves.

Posted by racocn8Here are some photos of eggs deposited on the underside of leaves.

Posted by Slava3That makes me nervous

Posted by Slava3So we are part of a Cosmic ecosystem?

Posted by SergeTafCamNot too long ago I had the opportunity to take a couple of pictures of a peacock's feather.

Posted by SergeTafCamNot too long ago I had the opportunity to take a couple of pictures of a peacock's feather.

Posted by SergeTafCamWhat's your favorite color?

Posted by SergeTafCamExciting times.

• Top tags#video #world #religion #religious #youtube #scientific #god #physics #evidence #earth #hope #solar #nuclear #friends #technology #humans #cosmic #book #quantum #reason #evolution #faith #truth #belief #books #relationship #NASA #laws #stars #Cosmos #money #community #believer #atheism #Atheist #astronomy #beliefs #Texas #environment #biology #media #teach #prayer #church #divorce #TheTruth #politics #agnostic #planets #kids ...

Members 304Top