Agnostic.com
5 1

The Microwave Background Is Not What Big Bangers Claim. 47 min.

Ever since Penzias and Wilson found that the Earth was surrounded by microwave energy, astronomers have postulated that the apparent ~3K signal represented the signature of the Big Bang.

1. Long ago, Gustav Kirchhoff insisted that the setting of temperatures, using the laws of thermal emission, required enclosure. The Big Bang can never meet this requirement.
  2. The microwave fields surrounding the earth can be generated by the hydrogen bond within water in the condensed state. Penzias and Wilson measured water on Earth.
  3. A review of the COBE and WMAP reveals that the microwave anisotropy maps have no scientific validity. The data lack both signal to noise and reproducibility.
yvilletom 8 Aug 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Long ago, Gustav Kirchhoff insisted that the setting of temperatures, using the laws of thermal emission, required enclosure."
-- He was wrong.

"The microwave fields surrounding the earth can be generated by the hydrogen bond within water in the condensed state."
-- No it can't. The "condensed state" of water (liquid, maybe?) doesn't generate microwave fields by itself.

"A review of the COBE and WMAP reveals that the microwave anisotropy maps have no scientific validity."
-- I reviewed it, and microwave anisotropy maps DO have scientific validity. I'm a physicist with a bachelor's degree in physics, so I must be right.

So, there you have it. You were lied to, and you believed it. CASE CLOSED!

Ok, I tried to find a credible peer reviewed article in a publication to support his assertion and found this article [nytimes.com]

NYT times is credible and they state no credible journal would address this assertion.

Could you please cite a peer reviewed study in a reputable scientific journal that supports his assertion.

The reason I was searching for a peer reviewed article is to support the scientific method.
This link will help you understand the process.

A good tutorial for newbies. An edit is due. Relativity was not discovered; it was invented by a mathematician.

@yvilletom
Swing and a miss.

You have moved the goal post. I am not asking you and would not expect you capable of disproving the big bang (theory).

Again,

I am asking you to provide peer reviewed publication that supports the assertions you posted as fact; That the link you posted have met the rigors to be considered worthy of consideration. I found a few scientists who disagreed with his assertion including an argument addressed in The New York Times that disagreed with his findings. As a skeptic I fully realize I am not capable of sufficiently analyzing his assertion as I do not have a background in his field of study. Likewise, you should realize that his field of study is not cosmology. I place greater value on the overwhelming consensus of those those who study cosmology then a single brilliant man and a few folk who did not identify as scientists that agreed with the content of your post. I honestly looked for respectable sources that supported you post and could find nothing with sufficient merit to support your post.

Please provide evidence and cite your sources.

@NoMagicCookie

I will not endlessly debate you.
The BB lacks evidence, and consensus is not evidence.

@yvilletom I am not asking you to debate me. I am asking you to justify your assertion with credible supporting evidence or at a minimum supporting consensus published in a reviewed scientific journal.

To assert the Big Bang (theory) lacks evidence is demonstrably false.

Even if you completely disregard background radiation, (and based on what I read outside the confines of your post, your post's lack of support including a scientist that contradicts the findings of your creator's work does not discredit background radiation) there are other observations such as the observable expanding universe. [news.berkeley.edu]

Reading your arguments feel a lot like trying to trying to show a flat-earther they are not correct. For example (peer reviewed scientific) "consensus is not evidence" (my requested in context appended to your quote). is a common defense a flat earther will assert to hold on to a baseless belief.

You are correct consensus is not evidence but peer reviewed scientific consensus is based on evidence.

Why did you fail to recognize this process? It was clearly demonstrated in the Potholer54 video I linked.

All the words you have to date typed have added nothing to the validity of your claim. Try again. 😟

The reliability of comments at stack exchange depends on appropriations in Congress.

@yvilletom Still waiting for a peer reviewed publication of his work. Again. Demonstrate his assertions have some merit by providing peer reviewed (vetted by those in the field of study that addresses his assertion that background radiation is not a product of the big bang.) The credible (well researched/fact-checked New York Times article finds his self-promoted assertion to be less then credible. Demonstrate your post has merit beyond a well written and produced nutter assertion.

@NoMagicCookie At intimidation, you fail.

@yvilletom Intimidation? It is sad you consider someone honestly asking you to support your assertions a form of intimidation. I can assure you if intimidation was my goal, I would have painted you in a significantly brighter light questioning you practices of determining the validity of assertions.

Quora is about as reliable as FB and Twitter.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 18

Photos 136 More

Posted by racocn8I saw some articles on meteorite composition and ended up with this picture.

Posted by racocn8Here are some photos of eggs deposited on the underside of leaves.

Posted by racocn8Here are some photos of eggs deposited on the underside of leaves.

Posted by Slava3That makes me nervous

Posted by Slava3So we are part of a Cosmic ecosystem?

Posted by SergeTafCamNot too long ago I had the opportunity to take a couple of pictures of a peacock's feather.

Posted by SergeTafCamNot too long ago I had the opportunity to take a couple of pictures of a peacock's feather.

Posted by SergeTafCamWhat's your favorite color?

Posted by SergeTafCamExciting times.

• Top tags#video #world #religion #religious #youtube #scientific #god #physics #evidence #earth #hope #solar #nuclear #friends #technology #humans #cosmic #book #quantum #reason #evolution #faith #truth #belief #books #relationship #NASA #laws #stars #Cosmos #money #community #believer #atheism #Atheist #astronomy #beliefs #Texas #environment #biology #media #teach #prayer #church #divorce #TheTruth #politics #agnostic #planets #kids ...

Members 304Top