Agnostic.com
3 2

I wonder if there have been discussions about people in the US making music inspired or imported from other cultures? Postmodern Jukebox originator Scott Bradlee often transposes songs done in one style into some other style in a way that I find interesting. Here he re-imagines the Swedish DJ and record producer Avicii's song Wake Me Up in a Mariachi sound where, to my ear, it was meant to be.

MarkWD 7 June 11
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

0

Lol, you should study folk music.The good songs are caried from country to country, the tunes modified and shaped to simple elegance and words to suit local events and practices.
Apart from American First Nations music, all of American music has come from somewhere else!
"Traditional and Folkmusic"

"In response to a reply on another group I posted the following that are folk genre:

The Witch of ..."

FrayedBear Level 9 June 11, 2020
0

You never heard of Frankie Valens "La Bamba"? Ever heard of TexMex? Jazz has influence from all over the world. You can find Latin America and Africa in hip hop.... Pop too. There is INFLUENCE and there is STEALING. Musicians do it all over the world not only in America.

Personally I don't care. If I like the music, I don't care if it is derivative in somebody's opinion.

@markwd if you don't care why you wonder? You walking with a foot on the road and the other on the sidewalk.

@GipsyOfNewSpain I have had that come up in the past so I wanted to feel the room. Your characterization of what I'm doing is of no consequence.

1

This definitely works really well. Thanks for posting,

Marionville Level 10 June 11, 2020