Agnostic.com
4 9

Today I’m posting a piece of music by French composer Eric Satie to mark the 2nd anniversary of my son Graeme’s death. Gymnopedies 1,2 & 3. We had it played at his humanist funeral, I found it very beautiful..calming, and reflective. It’s being performed by French classical pianist Anne Queffelec.

My apologies, my mood is understandably a tad melancholic today.

Marionville 9 Jan 20
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Beautiful artwork to accompany the music. Your son was very fortunate to have a mother who cared so much. Not everyone does.

Ray13 Level 8 Jan 20, 2021

My heart is breaking today Ray. Too much time on my own.

@Marionville : It's very hard to know what to say to someone when you've never been through what they have been. I don't know what I would do if I lost my son, David. I'd like to think I try to keep enjoying life because I know that's what he'd want...easier said than done, I"m sure.

@Ray13 You have shown you care and that means a lot.

Lovely. Are these all paintings of Paris?

Yes..they are. They’re by Eduard Leon Cortes (1882-1969), he was a French/Spanish post impressionist painter known as “Le Poete Parisien de la Pienture (The Parisian Poet of Painting).

Your mood is just fine ms Marion and the piece is beautiful . Breathe and look pictures .♥️
The time u had w him , nothing can erase that time . Cheers to all the tears and the fears , and the laughs and the hugs u had w your boy . ♥️
I am going to bed as I made it home and ready to pass out , but I will have my “ morning coffee “ this evening to his memory and to your love . And will play this in the car on the long drive to work . 🙌

Pralina1 Level 8 Jan 20, 2021

What a lovely thought my dear...I will imagine you drinking coffee and listening later today. 🤗❤️

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I love Satie's piano music.

nicestuff Level 7 Jan 20, 2021

Thank you...I love it too.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 16

Photos 44 More

Posted by Ray13Sharing the birthday spotlight with Johannes Brahms: Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, born in Votkinsk, Russia in 1840, d. 1893. Waltz of the Flowers: [youtu.be]

Posted by skadoI don’t doubt this may have been posted here before, but just in case... scroll the map to the green dots to listen to radio all around the world. [radio.garden] .

Posted by KWAPELL7for those of U who enjoy pure - unadulterated - Angelic - vocal performers - The following is "Love is like a Dream" - by Dimash Kudeibergen from Kazakstan - he can sing in 12 languages & play 10...

Posted by KWAPELL7for those of U who enjoy pure - unadulterated - Angelic - vocal performers - The following is "Love is like a Dream" - by Dimash Kudeibergen from Kazakstan - he can sing in 12 languages & play 10...

Posted by tipiMerry terraseasonal holidays! Happy United Solstices! Happy HumanLight Day.

Posted by skadoapologies for the FB link; couldn’t find it elsewhere. jueves 3 de diciembre en el conservatorio del Liceo [facebook.com] .

Posted by nicestuffCyril Jackson - Afro Drums [youtu.

Posted by nicestuffCyril Jackson - Afro Drums [youtu.

Posted by GipsyOfNewSpainViolin Virtuoso, Cuba's Alfredo de la Fe been a professional since age 12 with his Salsa Classic Latin New York performing in Montreux, Switzerland and Sandwiched between Me and Pro Dancer Laurie ...

Posted by Rossy92Fora da Ordem (Out Of Order) by Caetano Veloso, who is widely considered to be one of Brazil's greatest songwriters.

Posted by BDairLadama, great group.

Posted by JackPedigoJohn Lennon an obscure piece with political ramifications.

Posted by GipsyOfNewSpainVisiting My Son in his Office.... Life is 'Rican Good... You can not hear the Salsa but Salsa is blasting in the Speakers everywhere in Old San Juan.

• Top tags#video #Song #world #hello #god #hope #musicians #Norway #sing #religion #dance #friends #movies #lyrics #traditional #jazz #religious #children #Europe #Australia #films #youtube #church #earth #reason #wife #death #DonaldTrump #soul #hell #sex #kids #Atheist #parents #Jesus #Christian #mother #money #Russian #USA #book #relationship #beliefs #guns #culture #poetry #atheism #agnostic #laws #community ...

Members 489Top