Agnostic.com
3 0

Closer to home for me today…we’re in Dublin with The Choral Scholars of University College performing in Irish - Dulaman (Seaweed) - soloist Ciaran O’Donovan.

Marionville 10 Oct 21
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1

Wonderful. Loved it. Super bodhran.

Yes…top class performance all round.

@Marionville I've known the song for a very long time.

@rogerbenham Yes of course…it’s an old traditional song.

1

That instrument is so fascinating! Do you know what it’s called? Some type of drum? I’d love to learn how to play it! Loved the song. 😘

It’s called a Bodhran drum.

@Marionville I will look it up. It doesn’t look like it’s hard to play, but I am sure it takes practice! 😉

@Marionville I found a video on how to play the Bodhran.


It doesn’t look too hard.
2

Absolutely thrilling. Am I understanding this correctly, it is about seaweed?

Spinliesel Level 9 Oct 21, 2021

Yes…it is…we dry it and eat a certain type of seaweed and it’s sold as a type of snack food here. It’s Anglicised name is Dulse and has been eaten for centuries…it’s taste is a bit like salty bacon.
[irishseaweeds.com]

@Marionville I’ve eaten dried seaweed before. Some of it is really good! 😍 I’ve tried a few different brands and like a lot of them.