I’m posting something from the new album True North which was released two days ago by Norwegian Supergroup a-ha. - their first for 7 years. Magne Furuholmen, keyboardist, who has shared writing credits on the album with guitarist Pal Waaktaar-Savoy tells us it’s a letter to the world, a plea if you like that it’s not too late to protect the environment and pull back from the destruction we’ve already caused to the oceans and nature. The band travelled to Bodo in the far north of Norway, inside the Arctic circle, with the Arctic Philharmonic Orchestra, to record and to make a film to accompany the album, highlighting the beautiful coastline, the marine life at risk, and the people who make their living in this remote spot. Magne & Morten Harket have been advocates of clean energy since the 1980s and spearheaded the now very successful campaign to replace fossil fuel driven vehicles with electric, Norway now being on track to be the first country to achieve that aim.
….First a trailer for True North - words spoken by Magne…
….Now one of the new songs- You Have What It Takes …this is probably my favourite and this version is the original demo version by Magne combined with the finished album one sung by vocalist Morten Harket….
.
Such a beautiful song.
I’ve just watched the movie …it’s beautiful!
@Marionville I may have to look into Apple TV so I can watch the movie.