Agnostic.com
2 3

RUNRIG were probably the best Celtic Rock band ever…the Scottish band was formed on the Isle of Skye in 1973 and their genre was folk rock. In 1998 they recruited Canadian singer Bruce Guthro as lead singer and he remained with them until the band retired in 2018. Bruce, who was from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia sadly died at his home in Halifax last year aged 62.

Here the band perform at their farewell concert at Stirling Castle in 2018 with Bruce on vocals - Book of Golden Stories…

Marionville 10 Mar 20
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

2

[cbc.ca]

I wish I had known about this band, and this lovely man Bruce Guthro. I found this article which has a link with him talking about his illness and a new song they had just finished.

Loved this post Marje.

3

Thanks. I loved this but it felt sad. Were they really saying goodbye?

Yes…it was their last gig.