Agnostic.com
3 4

Runrig were probably the best Scottish Folk Rock Band ever…they were certainly very popular with a worldwide following. Formed on the Isle of Skye in 1972, over the years they released 14 albums, many of them in Gaelic. They finally disbanded after 45 years with a world tour in 2017. Here I’ve chosen a live performance of The Greatest Flame with Brian Hurren on vocals in 2012 in Glasgow…

Marionville 10 June 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lovely and soothing. ❤

Betty Level 8 June 4, 2024

You've posted other music by this group, and I've liked all of their music. This one is lovely with great lyrics. 👍

What happened to Tannahill Weavers or Battlefield Band? I loved their music in the Seventies and saw Tannahill in Vancouver in '81.
I'd not call this track Scottish Folk Rock.

It doesn’t matter what you’d call it…it’s only one song out of hundreds in their repertoire Roger, and I have posted quite a few others in the past which I think you may or may not have actually liked. Whether you like this one or not or think it’s Folk Rock or not is immaterial Roger…they called themselves a Celtic Folk Rock Band from Scotland…and that is what everyone else calls them too. Why don’t you post something by Tannahill Weavers or a different group if you like them so much instead of being so critical, of almost everything I post!

@Marionville Sounds like you're due your afternoon g&t or whatever equaliser you use Marge. You're sounding a bit waspish!

@FrayedBear Constant negativity gets me down at times…I’ll take your advice though.
So….cheers! 🍸

@Marionville it's my 1:37 am & I'm indulging in a hot electric blanket & responding to my few Agnostics notifications whilst soothing young Narla's nightmares with a reassuring pet as she sleeps alongside under her faux fur blanket. She pleased me immensely an hour ago by having, on command, emptied a well controlled bladder of a large quantity of urine. A change from her incontinence when I first took her on in January. Incontinence caused by her having been butchered at two months of age on instruction of barbarians practicing as vets & animal rescuers.

@FrayedBear I hope you and Narla get a good night’s sleep…

It’s 4.45 pm here and I’m just taking your advice….

@Marionville bottoms up.

@Marionville and thanks for the good wish. 5am. visits outside when the hoar frost is heavy, in case her restlessness means she wants a piddle, can be taxing. It's still dark till 7:30 am.

@FrayedBear Hoar frost in Australia?

@rogerbenham there's snow only 40 klms away in winter. S.Pole winds are cold.

@rogerbenham widespread & frequent. The landmass loses a lot of heat in the middle not having warming ocean around it. 30°C day : night temperature variance is common.

Recent Visitors 7

Photos 63 More

Posted by FrayedBearNow the sanctions against Israel spread to the Euroschism Song contest.

Posted by FrayedBearA recording of an interesting broadcast on the subject of coffee by relatively well known but nonetheless superb Australian folk singer Kavisha Mazella

Posted by kocasYou will face a hurdle in the daily weaving game that you must overcome.

Posted by Zoewees[shp.ee] SALDO SHOPEE GRATIS LANGSUNG CAIR 2022

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIcelandic Folk Music - Tyrkjaránid - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondOk...how about this hauntingly beautiful opera aria? [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondOkay, let's just say this is not like K-pop....and let it go at that. I stumbled on them about 3 years ago. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondAn Irish song in Gaelic with translation [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondThe song title translates to I Won't Give Up by Hungarian Alternative/Indie band Intim Torna Illegál (Intimate Gymnastics Is Illegal). [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondGet ready for some beautiful music. I have a couple albums by Heartstrings. Sometimes I play them in the office and it is quite popular. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondJapanglish Song - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondAVA Opera - The Doll's Song from "Tales of Hoffmann" - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondYoshida Brothers - Rising - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondHunnu Guren - Batzorig Vaanchig & Auli - YouTube

• Top tags#video #Song #world #musicians #Norway #traditional #hope #god #sing #dance #friends #movies #hello #religion #youtube #Europe #children #jazz #films #Australia #lyrics #religious #DonaldTrump #death #reason #church #wife #Atheist #earth #USA #book #mother #parents #relationship #community #hell #Russian #sex #money #Christian #kids #soul #holiday #culture #atheism #Jesus #dream #beliefs #plays #poetry ...

Members 1,331Top