Agnostic.com
5 3

OK, so everyone here is hostile to Christianity, including me. Right? And I'm sure nobody wants to take any time to watch any of these shitty six videos, but I'm wondering ...

Andy Stanley's "Who Needs God" series is playing this month on TV and Mom bugs me to watch it every week. I do it since, you know, we both do things to make each other happy, and one half hour a week won't kill me. But I wonder, has any skeptic ever snarked on them, either written or in a video?

Here it is for the curious: [whoneedsgod.com]

I just find him really grating and kind of condescending, so I'd like to see a takedown. I've seen him address atheists before and even if he allegedly tried to understand our point of view, he failed miserably. I guess there are just too many truly outrageous televangelists for anyone to pay that much attention to him.

altschmerz 9 Aug 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

so I took a quick look see and the part 6 has something about one of the barriers to belief in god, and I immediately thought, "well the first and complete barrier on steroids is that there is no god." Rather stick needles in my eyes than watch his videos. There is no god! End of conversation. No debate!

I don't hate Christianity or any religion.. I don't watch televangelists but I do watch highway to heaven, touched by an angel, little house on the prairie, and such occasionally... Some Christmas movies too... I'm not antithesist.

So obviously made up.... I can't really understand how anyone believes that crap. Once critical thinking kicks in, Atheism seems like a no brainer.

JazznBlues Level 8 Aug 21, 2020

Totally agree.

I just wish I had C. Hitchen's ability with words.

if somebody asks me that question, my answer would be "yo mama."

Mofo1953 Level 9 Aug 21, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 18

Photos 266 More

Posted by CliffordCookI groaned when I saw this Christian Nationalist Christmas meme posted by one of Donald Trump's supporters in Iowa. Then, I smiled when I saw how many of his Facebook friends had reposted it.

Posted by CliffordCook The Fascism of Faith Month in the US Congress U.

Posted by of-the-mountainReality!!!

Posted by CliffordCookChristian Nationalism isn't just something that's spreading in the United States.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyReligion is ridiculous!

Posted by CliffordCookChristians like to believe that their religion spread around the world by people voluntarily abandoning their own cultural traditions in favor of the obvious superiority of Christianity.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyIt’s all about keeping women in subjugation!

Posted by KynleiI saw a meme about Noah's Ark and it got me thinking about the supposed timeline of events.

• Top tags#god #Christian #video #religion #religious #church #Bible #world #Christians #Atheist #Jesus #christianity #children #atheism #hope #hell #DonaldTrump #Catholic #friends #death #government #kids #book #mother #laws #beliefs #truth #earth #reason #wife #parents #prayer #sex #believer #faith #belief #evangelicals #money #guns #religions #sin #pastor #evil #fear #gay #WTF #abortion #media #movies #USA ...

Members 293Top

Moderators