Agnostic.com
2 1

3 years ago I wrote the following:

I've recently been commenting about supermarket check out 'chicks' and have just been moved to ask the following:
In recognition of all good check out chicks I ask readers here "what have you done to make their day more pleasurable?"
Or have you simply been a c#nt of a customer who has fumbled the money, made inappropropriate denigrating comment, not said 'thank you for doing a great job', not written to the shop owner or your local MP to complain about the loss of local jobs through computerisation.
Have you shown solidarity with them for adequate wage rates and shifts to enable maintenance of an Australian lifestyle?
Well c#nts, have you?

Today I sadly laugh at the paucity of check out clerks in our supermarkets whilst watching $50 only purchase what I bought for $30 three years ago.

How are you faring in your part of the country?

FrayedBear 9 Nov 8
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I talk to them if there is time and they are not flat out, as in a proper conversation, ask how much longer they are on, as I have blue hair that gets discussed a bit, always say thanks etc, if the lines are long and they are under the pump it might just be a short hi how are you going, what's your day been like? I have gone up to the front desk to pass on a compliment about a young man behind the deli country. I was having a crap day, felt like someone had run over my pet and then backed up over me sort of day. Arrived at the deli pointed and sort of mumbled out what I needed and got smacked by such positivity, a massive smile, a quick joke about something silly, he bounced while he did his work, and generally made me feel so much better it was hard to be morose in the presence of such positivity.

Budgie Level 8 Nov 13, 2020

Yes, I always treat supermarket checkout people well, as it worries me that the friggen supermarkets are trying to push us to those self service machines, forcing us to do their work, and depriving employment for the various people to do it, including students. Recently I was bit grumpy with a checkout chick because they had only 2 open, and the 12 or less one closed, and I had just one thing and had to wait a long time. I wasn't taking it out on her, only grumbling about how this shoudn't happen, but later I felt guilty that I hadn't done the right thing and referred it to the manager. She didn't need to hear me grumbling. These supermarkets are vultures, and I fear the auto checkout thing will happen -- as if they don't make enough zillions as it is. Capitalism - it needs regulation or it is just ruthless.

David1955 Level 8 Nov 9, 2020

Auto checkout already has more terminals than manned stations at both Woolworth's & Coles. IGA & Aldi are both totally manned stations.

Recent Visitors 7

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #money #minister #federal #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 430Top