Agnostic.com
3 3

A takedown of the cult of Jehovah's Witnesses in Australia by two women who escaped: [abc.net.au]

anglophone 9 Sep 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was just thinking reading this that one small benefit from this whole horrible COVID business is that God botherers have stopped God bothering at people's doors, least ways that's the case where I live. They used to be walking around regularly, usually receiving a wise crack or two from me for their trouble. Never see them now. Must be hitting their bottom line. Grifters need to be able to grift, don't they.

David1955 Level 8 Sep 3, 2021

Thanks for sharing that. The closest that I can get to your experience is that the JW litter louts stopped putting rubbish in my letter box about 5 years ago for reasons that have to be be explained.

Two items stood out in the report for me:
"Religious Trauma Syndrome (RTS) is a relatively new term coined by US psychologist Marlene Winell and puts a name to the symptoms many people struggle with after leaving an authoritarian religion."
And
""The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse acknowledged that Jehovah's Witnesses do not have the institutional settings that exist in many faith-based institutions," Mr Pecipajkovski said.

"[And the] recommendations in relation to Jehovah's Witnesses specifically, all exclusively relate to our Bible-based beliefs. As such, they are beyond the scope of the Royal Commission's terms of reference."

After much pushing by the government, new laws were introduced which threatened to strip the charitable tax exemption for any religions that didn't join redress.

Two weeks before the law came into effect, the Jehovah's Witnesses joined redress and therefore maintained their charity status."

• On RTS - there are sadly many sufferers to be seen within this site.

• On charitable status - obviously more important than their bible.

And I agree and whole heartedly SECOND their last paragraph that states that Religious Institutions should treated exactly same as ANY other Workplace or Business and that the definition of Charitable Status is far too wide and loose here as well.

Triphid Level 9 Sep 3, 2021

Recent Visitors 11

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #money #minister #federal #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 429Top