Agnostic.com
3 4

My new favourite word; fuckwickery

puff 8 Dec 2
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Less voting, means more power to the people.

How so?

Well there's shit fuckery, Albofuckery, and I suppose now fuckwittery. These folks have a language of their own, all stemming from their analysis that the Oz political structure is the two party Shit Party and Shit Light Party, with the same shit light policies as the Shit Party. Actually, colourful language in humour is always very effective when done well, and these folks are great at it. But you know, at heart, what they are saying is what in political science we would say a two party tweedle dee tweedle dumb centre right to far right policies, no real choice, pure electoralism ( win elections but don't have any real ideology) and don't piss off power -- big business, big unions, and big media and alike. Political science-speak doesn’t cut through, but humour does. Bless 'em.

David1955 Level 8 Dec 2, 2023

I agree, bless 'em. Keep up the good work girls.

When 22 million in Australia have watched & cried they will have been effective & something may change.

And don't forget that unions & big business are mere fronts for people!

I think the word is "fuckwittery" or fuckwitery" not "fuckwickery"

"fuckwittery" [en.m.wiktionary.org]

no definition for "fuckwickery" but someone is referenced as using the word on twitter: [mobile.twitter.com]

"fuckwitery" - [urbandictionary.com]

What is even more telling in this land of compulsory voting is that about 15% of people required to vote refuse to -

[aap.com.au]

[lighthouse.mq.edu.au]

Both these articles identify that nearly 10% of the registered to vote population didn't do so . . . & that %age doesn't include the proportion who turned up to avoid a fine but then invalidated their count by spoiling the paper.

Also note that only 96% of the population eligible to register do so according to the AEC (Australian Electoral Commission)

[aec.gov.au]

However note that on the web site for the AEC there is no menu listing for election results & numbers voting or not in each election - see screenshot attached:

MY bad, never won any spelling bees.

@puff it's most likely your accent & how it has controlled your hearing. . . Mine results in my pronouncing "ing" as "ink"!

@FrayedBear My accent is totally fucked up living in Asia so long then adopting the Kiwi butchering of vowels, working there for 2 years. Then you have my Adelaide roots meaning the rest of Australia thinks I sound like a Pom.

@puff depending on which poms you've chosen to emulate then sounding like one may be nothing to be ashamed of. I had a mid atlantic accent until I stepped on to the quayside in Fremantle nearly 50 years ago. I then decided that I was not ashamed of my native north west of England accent.

@FrayedBear Pastie is the big one. I say "par-stie" whereas most say "pas-tie". I always counter by saying "That's what strippers wear on their nipples".

@puff isn't a par-stie where you breed & feed American Hill Billy fathers?

@puff and a nipple hider is not a pas-tie it's a "prude protector"!

@FrayedBear Pastie as in Cornish pastie, like a vege pie, sort of not.

@puff cornish pastie - my favourite when travelling - most are not very good. I can recommend Cousin Jack's Bakery in Inglewood not far from Bendigo. . . Expensive but good.

@FrayedBear Big in SA, had a lot of copper mines with a big Cornish population/influence eg Moonta on York' Peninsular. Can't get a decent pastie in the Eastern states. Or Bung Fritz. Or Mettwurst.
Heathens.
Clarendon Bakery in the Adelaide Hills are the best.

@FrayedBear If you have a Drakes they sell Balfour's pasties which are your stock standard pie warmer type in SA (and Villi's). Not the Roll's Royce but a decent pastie if you get a craving. Frozen pie section.

@puff Don't have either in W. Vic.

@puff closest I got to Adelaide for 40 years was Milang last February.

Recent Visitors 7

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #money #minister #religion #federal #media #reason #children #DonaldTrump #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 431Top