Agnostic.com
4 4

LINK Honest Government Ad | Visit Tasmania! - YouTube

Good thing these juicy people keep me up to date about other states in Australia, else I'd be left out.

It's not true that Liberal governments can't run anything: they're good at chook raffles. ..just kidding.. hopeless at that too, i imagine.

David1955 8 Mar 15
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The story I hear from the locals is the mainland fucks up everything. A hydroelectric system was set up for Tasmanian self sufficiency and it worked. But they now sell power to Victoria ie "The Grid", causing high prices in Tassie and supply problems so they build still more shit eg wind farms, to maintain the mainland supply, nothing to do with Tassie needs eg what Tassie govt approved this? No-one paid for water until a few years ago there. People are not happy with all the Salmon farms either...........too many.
Liberal/ Labor..............same shit different wrappers. The greens are good at pointing out problems, but never offer realistic solutions ie not a practical political solution. in Tassie. Locals do not like greens as they are pigs leaving a mess when they leave their "protest camps" plus there are a lot of mines there which greens are totally against, yet happy to use all their "toys" which would not be produced without mining. So I'm just saying the Greens will never be huge politically in Tassie as they piss too many people off. Single issue stuff they do do a good thing eg Damming the Franklin. But as alternative government, far too full of shite .

puff Level 8 Mar 15, 2024

I hope the "Tasmanien" spelling was caught by all

Their usual play on words, like they say Australien government just in case anyone, like abroad, isn't smart enough to get that they are humorists.

They sound like mini anarchist, like me.

Seriously?

All very sad isn’t it? Wonder if there’s a Green Party to vote for. Looks like Tassie needs it.

The Greens began in Tassie, I believe. As a disillusioned Labor voter who'd never vote Liberal, we'd all benefit from a stronger Greens party.

@David1955 We would in the UK, (benefit from a stronger Green Party), too. Now Corbyn’s history we have another right wing veering Labour Party. I wish more people would stand and vote Green. But the understanding that it’s a 2 horse race seems to be ingrained in many. Saying that the Lib Dems have been making inroads over the Conservatives; so why not the Greens too.

@girlwithsmiles The only reason Corbyn is considered "right wing" is because he dared criticise Zionist Israel. Daring to question NATO in Ukraine didn't win him any establishment friends either. I predict he will make a comeback now Israel has turned genocidal and the current leadership is crap..
Ed What is right and left wing now? eg the Hungarian PM is described as right wing because he refuses to allow transition of arms through his country to Ukraine. Now when I was growing up, when conflict broke out the first reaction from the world was "arms embargo" ie don't arm either side of the conflict. This was considered left wing back then. So when you hear "right wing" thrown about you have to take it with a pinch of salt. Youth protesting Gaza, calling for a ceasefire, are labeled "right wing" by media ffs. Right wingers in my youth never protested for peace, they were called left back then.

@puff I didn’t realise Corbyn was considered right wing. Yes, the left are usually more peaceful and progressive I thought. The right more interested in a wealthy economy, for those owning factories and businesses, and maintaining the status quo, largely due to their funders.

@girlwithsmiles Yeah, it's all arse about face now. "Commies" are called right wing now, even though Communism is the left side of the spectrum. Right used to be the pro-war ones. Our aid is now lethal. If what is happening in Gaza appalls your humanity and so you oppose it, you are a right wing, antiestablishment terrorist supporter according to a lot of media.
I historically viewed the left as into individual rights with the right more into the establishment group maintaining the status quo.
Covid surprised and confused me as the "left" was all for mandating things and encouraging restrictions on individual liberties whilst the "right" opposed these things.
So what left and right means anymore, not sure.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 12

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #money #minister #federal #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 430Top