Agnostic.com
4 5

I switched from afghans to lap quilts! What is everyone else doing during the Plague?

The red/blue one is front and back. The pastel green/pink have subtle design differences.

Gwendolyn2018 9 May 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great work, I suffer from sewing Tourette's according to friends and family that have been anywhere near me when I have to sew. I have full respect for those that can as it defies logic and physics when I try doing it.

Budgie Level 8 May 24, 2020

Very nice. We have a very active quilting group here and I have learned to appreciate this item.

Basically,doing pretty much the same as usual. Our library and gym are closed but the gardens with all their weeds and needing attention are fully open.

@Gwendolyn2018 I can think of a lot of things I could do without weeds. Maybe even take up quilting!

@Gwendolyn2018 Not weird, probably don't face the amount I do. Seems, every year I have to give up some part of a garden. Being somewhat self-sufficient with many interests and having to do most things alone means having to make choices. I spent almost 1 hour in one part of one garden weeding to help the ornamental 's have a chance at survival.

@Gwendolyn2018 Very impressive stone wall. What are they for? Is it for decoration?
I have just over an acre and about 1/4 is lawn. Like yours there are several branches of lawn. This time of year I'm lucky to get 2 weeks between mowing. About July the lawns go dormant and no more mowing is necessary until next year.The lawns here are actually greener during the winter than the summer.

@Gwendolyn2018 To address both your comments: yes things are similar to N. California. I too lived in inland Calif. (Sacramento region) when in HS and loved it.
We are an island archipelago (175+ islands) NW of Seattle. Our island is the first on the ferry route and we are in a rain shadow so there is less rainfall here. I just saw in our weekly we have even less then the big island, Orcas). I guess I am lucky in that means lawns need to be mowed only several times a year. Everything is brown here in the late summer and early fall.
The wall picture you sent looks great and It has given me some food for thought (just what I need another project).
We have a large Labyrinth near my home and the owner of the property (20 acres) just deeded 15 acres to the owners of the labyrinth. I spend a lot of my time there as the owners are my closest friends and we help each other out. Having these decorative walls would be a great attraction and they would have the added bonus of providing some heat during the winter. Our winters are not as warm as N. California but, being in a temperate zone they don't really get bad. It's just being so far north means more darkness in the winter and more sun in the summer. BTW I have a great view and do have a peek view of the sea.

@Gwendolyn2018 Interesting as a lot of the land here is also very rocky. The friend was plowing a 10' x 20' community bed in our greenhouse the other day and I was surprised at the large number of rocks, some pretty large) he dug up. I asked what is he growing, a rock garden?

@Gwendolyn2018 Sounds very interesting and fascinating. I think each state has its own unique geographical features. How big a sea was it?

The east side of my property was whats known as a terminal moraine. [en.wikipedia.org] I went to start a garden and found the ground completely different. Lots of worn rocks and sand which covered over thick compact clay.

@Gwendolyn2018 Limestone caves can be really beautiful. When we went to Viet Nam in 2015 we visited a couple of amazing caves. In the north is a world heritage site Ha Long Bay. It is full of tall islands made from limestone. We went through one of them which was spectacular. Unfortunately, this was a major tourist attraction and is probably closed. How big are the caves and are people able to visit any of them? Interesting name. Any meaning behind it?

Nice. I've been doing everything I usually do, out in the garden, cleaning, wire weaving and going for a bicycle ride when the weather cooperates.
Not thinking about the the things I can't do.

Nice. I have been working.

How are things in Florida, I saw that some of the beaches are open, people were distanced apart, but in reality I have no idea what that means.

@Gwendolyn2018 Gwendolyn, I will still store some of those if you need. Just opffering.

@dalefvictor They opened the beaches but really for those that live on the beach..they haven’t been allowing parking!!

@Gwendolyn2018 I am looking back at my post and I immediately knew you would say no since I cannot spell. Just so you know, they are worth more than one hundred dollars. Someone has to make sure you are awake during these times.

@Gwendolyn2018 I am sure they are.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 24

Photos 2,528 More

Posted by JolantaAlmost good enough to eat.

Posted by metalfactoryMetal Factory - Beautifully Designed, Custom-Made Straight Staircase

Posted by KateOahuSpending August in Big Bay, Michigan, again this year.

Posted by AussieBudgieSome shots from my recent travels.

Posted by KynleiFinished my cartoon character drawing today. Note, this is for personal use only and I will not be selling it. The characters belong to their respective owners and are subject to copyright.

• Top tags#god #religion #video #religious #friends #world #hope #church #reason #animals #Atheist #relationship #atheism #hell #death #community #humans #kids #Christmas #children #movies #books #oil #book #dogs #Bible #cats #agnostic #Christian #sex #beliefs #photography #Jesus #money #hello #evidence #parents #mother #earth #religions #guns #loves #holiday #DonaldTrump #flowers #laws #youtube #created #society #belief ...

Members 1,093Top