Agnostic.com
0 1

Adopting a dog.
Since Kohle passed a couple yrs ago I have been trying to adopt from a rescue. I'm 70 and have a permanently fractured ankle so i can't take a dog that pulls and the rescue doesn't screen their dogs. She blames breeders for overpopulation. But some owners forget the breeder has a contract that says you can return the dog to them. if you got a contract from your breeder please read it and see if they'll take back the dog instead of dropping it at a shelter.
They were trying to talk me into adopting.I took in a shelter pit with some food issues vs my dog Leela it also had separation anxiety and ate my rear seatbelt and ate rocks. I took her back. These rescues down south do not temperament test their dogs. They pull from a shelter and then you get it. One dog wasn't happy about that. [huffpost.com]
There's a person in NY that is very controversial because she euthanizes almost 50% of unsuitable dogs for rehoming. Suzanne Clothier. If you type in her name you will learn PLENTY on utube.
The rescue says I shouldn't purchase a puppy from a breeder and is under the impression that reputable breeders won't take back their dogs when in actuality they do. The dogs they get are backyard bred untested, fearful dogs. When I was ACO I asked owners if they had a contract and they'd say yes I said well look and see if they want the dog back. Many found the contract said YES. So that's not adding to the overpopulation issues.
So if you ever DO adopt from a shelter or rescue be sure to ask a ton of questions about temperament, fear, food aggression, counter surfing, and all other bad habits it has been taking advantage of it's previous owner who finally gives it up in frustration and you get that dog untested, wild, has no idea communication exists at all. Be careful about where you get your dog.
Go to the AKC website and find your breeder on there with contract.
I purchased from a reputable breeder and she has a contract to take back her pups for any reason.

K9Kohle789 8 Apr 16
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

Recent Visitors 6

Photos 34 More

Posted by K9Kohle789I have wondered how many dogs are camera shy because I had a foster pup that I could only get pix of her running away from the camera and hiding behind a tree.

Posted by K9Kohle789I have wondered how many dogs are camera shy because I had a foster pup that I could only get pix of her running away from the camera and hiding behind a tree.

Posted by K9Kohle789A lot of people don't know about all the different types of German shepherds there are.

Posted by K9Kohle789A lot of people don't know about all the different types of German shepherds there are.

Posted by K9Kohle789The land shark has learned how to pop open the garbage lid.

Posted by K9Kohle789Well Jet is a little mischief maker.

Posted by K9Kohle789Well Jet is a little mischief maker.

Posted by K9Kohle789This is the puppy.

Posted by Kempster45Degenerative Myelopathy Anyone here ever deal with this in their dog?

Posted by LorajayMy precious Rickie was cremated 3 years ago and now resides in the urn pictured.

Posted by LorajayMy precious Rickie was cremated 3 years ago and now resides in the urn pictured.

Posted by K9Kohle789I've wanted to write a book on all I know about dogs and ownership, puppy mills, training, breeders, shelters, etc.

Posted by K9Kohle789I've wanted to write a book on all I know about dogs and ownership, puppy mills, training, breeders, shelters, etc.

• Top tags#dogs #reason #puppy #animals #sleep #hope #money #rescue #god #teach #cats #cancer #fear #movies #laws #parents #pets #anxiety #drinking #religion #video #mother #disease #children #society #death #humans #WTF #soul #religious #guns #worship #suicide #USA #separation #earth #Bible #book #fox #hospital #kids #world #existence #Israel #wife #wolves #evidence #California #limit #genetic ...

Members 21Top