Agnostic.com
2 1

Do all churches, mosques, synagogues, temples, gurdwaras and shrines exist to deceive, to control and divest you of your wealth?

I read on other posts praise of Unitarian Churches. Do agnostic or atheist members simply attend because

1.they want to enjoy the human fellowship & be part of a "herd"?
2. they want to exploit the flock for their own materialist ($) or controlling ambitions?
3. they wish to be exploited and controlled?
4. they are unable to create new Sunday habits for themselves?
5. another reason?

We can all go and see the Virgin Mary on YouTube! -

FrayedBear 9 June 12
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The church was all about power and control ever since Paul took control of its direction. Subsequently, it has always suppressed any deviation from a strict orthodoxy of view, branding it a heresy, and zea;ously persecuting any adherents of any difference of opinion.

Magister Level 6 June 14, 2020

That is only xtianity. What about all the other cults and religions?
All religions are based upon generalities, assumptions and human selfish desires.
Please demonstrate how any one church/religion fulfils Professor Cippola's definition of an intelligent person? -
"Intelligent people contribute to society and who leverage their contributions into reciprocal benefits"
And
"Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people always turns out to be a costly mistake. A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person." Wikipedia

You'll have to ask someone who is a Sikh, Muslim, Jew and the others, I've no direct experience of participating in any of the other religions, so I am not going to speculate, and I wouldn't be too harsh about Catharism, as they had no structure, or possessions.

I believe it is a means mostly to control and indoctrinate a sense of fear towards a perception of normalcy of social correctness, and wealth for the church which installs this narrative.

However, as far as Sunday goes. I believe the Muslim faith still holds theirs from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown. And isn't referred to as the Sabbath.

I've even read some believe that because it was moved from Saturday to Sunday by Christians is the actual correlation to 666. And those who now do this on Sunday will go to hell for it.

I simplified by avoiding Friday and Saturday observance of the respective holy days.

Recent Visitors 7

Photos 105 More

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

Posted by Mary_janeThis really hurt different

Posted by altschmerzSteve Chapman: Will Biden end the war in Afghanistan? Don’t bet on it

Posted by altschmerzKilling Nora: The Real Reason Trump Should Have Been Impeached

Posted by William_MaryI got a laugh out of this one. How ironic!

Posted by William_MaryThere's a lot of ass covering going on in the MSCM today.

Posted by William_MaryI hate wishing my life away! But I'm in a hurry for a new economic and social structure for our grandchildren! Already preparing for 2024.

Posted by William_MaryI hate wishing my life away! But I'm in a hurry for a new economic and social structure for our grandchildren! Already preparing for 2024.

Posted by William_MarySay goodbye to the old boss.

Posted by William_MaryWill you know your sin of feeling like you're winning when you're actually loosing again? Good luck with that. May your favorite capitalist war hawk criminal win.

Posted by William_Mary You have to unite behind another party to finally end this obedience of complicity.

Posted by William_MaryProtests Break Out in Wisconsin After Police Shoot Black Man in the Back Multiple Times at Point-Blank Range Civil rights attorney Ben Crump said 29-year-old Jacob Blake’s children were in the ...

Posted by altschmerzThis is why identity politics sucks.

• Top tags#DonaldTrump #media #world #government #video #democrats #money #society #republicans #truth #democratic #military #death #laws #reason #politicians #god #politics #USA #policy #vote #BernieSanders #evidence #corporate #hope #campaign #hell #children #population #BarackObama #created #rights #Police #religion #fear #TheTruth #community #book #friends #religious #China #Russian #economic #relationship #capitalism #iran #propaganda #nation #federal #Australia ...

Members 724Top