Agnostic.com
2 5

Rep. Ocasio-Cortez Calls for COVID-19 Relief

This woman is one of my heroines.

rogerbenham 8 Nov 20
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1

I still think she's a phony.

The first bill was a massive giveaway to corporations while you and I got $1,200 for the ENTIRETY of the pandemic! Out of trillions upon trillions of dollars, the people got MAYBE $300b.

Both parties were playing politics with the most recent bill that didn't get passed. Neither party gives a shit about any of us getting money to pay bills etc. and when Trump told Pelosi to create a bill that JUST gave people stimulus checks, she said no because she didn't want it to help Trump's reelection chances. He knew she was going to say no too. Both parties are shit. They only care about themselves and their own agendas.

A very small number of politicians are calling for a monthy UBI for the duration of the pandemic up to like $2,000 for 12 months. I doubt it gets passed. It's probably less than a 1% chance that it passes. At most, they will probably give everyone one more $1,200-$2,000 check and that's it. With them talking about how a vaccine is close and at about 95% efficacy, we're probably not getting anything.

Not I as I'm in Canada. Canadians care more about each other.

That said, I fear that you are right in that neither of your main parties care a jot about the people..Senatus Populus Que Americanus does not include the slaves. Probably 90% are slaves/serfs without knowing it.

When will people finally get tired of supporting politicians who ignore the real issues? After nearly 10 trillion has been given to the ruling class and their corporations while doing nothing to confront the virus that continues to kill those who virtually got nothing. While she did lightly mention some dissent of the ruling class, she totally left out how they totally robbed main street. And rhetorically manufactured a false sense of achievement for ordinary citizens in which only essential workers who were forced to continue working from the beginning might have had a short moment in a small measure of benefit. I highly doubt lower income and those at the poverty line would view her view of spoken achievements as a reality. Those working in the service sector, other MS businesses, having lost family in nursing homes, jails and prison system. Yes, a nice percentage of people who managed to get unemployment with the extra benefits were better beneficiaries. But that has begun to be erased also. 10 trillion that went to the ruling class and their profitable corporations could have went a lot further in benefiting society with a shut down of society to properly quell the virus which we all could have lived through for a month or so.

@William_Mary Your guess is as good as mine as to when people will wake up. My guess is quite nihilistic though. I feel it will be never or even if they do then it will be much too late to do anything about it anyway. AOC talked a good game before she was elected, but then she kowtowed to Democratic Party banter and also started supporting establishment politicians that she said she would fight against and primary.

This is a recent vid from Jimmy Dore with Glenn Greenwald talking about AOC (start at the 23:39 point for just talk about AOC):

@Piece2YourPuzzle what Greenwald explains in the AOC and Pelosi example, AOC also did with Hillieary Clinton right out of the gate of her win also. What upsets me a lot though is also these progressive actors in commentary and journalism. Dore going into that time frame started stuttering about creating a 3rd party, stopped and said support, then poof, thought closed. But just where is their support!?! It sure wasn't within a lack of covering Hawkins who got very little time. He got a fraction of time on any media than Jill Stein did. And Hawkins himself along with the Green Party, virtually absent in their own right to promote their run. God forbid anyone mention the SEP! They're none existent to these people also. You have to ask that question. What is their agenda really about if they aren't out there to actually promote genuine alternatives.

@William_Mary Somebody else started a 3rd party and Jimmy has been promoting them on his channel. He hosted an actual convention like event on his channel for them. I've seen him stand up for Jill Stein and the Green Party. He had Howie Hawkins on his show too. I don't know exactly what else he can do for them though. He calls out "The Squad" all the time. But no, he doesn't promote the SEP that I have noticed. Maybe he doesn't know much about them or maybe it's because they're never in the news that he pulls his material from. I have no clue.

@Piece2YourPuzzle it seems to me that if they had a genuine intent of ruffling the feathers of the establishment in getting them out of power, that they have a vast amount of resources over that of mine to make it a purpose to get them exposed to the public. I have a hard time buying they don't know about the SEP and WSWS who have worked with unions across the country for decades, within protest, and participated on collage campus discussion forums over all the years. They have to have a documented knowing considering they're able to have resources and affiliates to all the other information they mirror in their work.

Why does it seem like I'm the only one on the planet that has a recollection of these 2 collaborate entities that offer us virtually every, or closely related issues, and attempting to expose their existence? They have a considerable based following in the comments section of their articles that confound that question.

@William_Mary Jimmy Dore has a YouTube channel. I don't know what type of "power" he has. He's no Joe Rogan. Jimmy has about 840k subscribers. Rogan has about 10m. I don't think Jimmy is snubbing the SEP. Maybe he is. You might be right. I just don't think he is. Everything I hear from Jimmy is anti-establishment, anti-Republican, anti-Democrat, and anti-mainstream media. I don't know what more he can do on a YouTube channel.

0

Congress passed a relief bill four months ago... Mcconnel and the republican senate refuse to even vote on it

Yes I knew that. There are some incredibly evil people in the senate.

McConnell may be more evil than the Orange Turd.

@MizJ I agree

@mizj smarter at least