Agnostic.com
2 5

Rep. Ocasio-Cortez Calls for COVID-19 Relief

This woman is one of my heroines.

rogerbenham 8 Nov 20
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I still think she's a phony.

The first bill was a massive giveaway to corporations while you and I got $1,200 for the ENTIRETY of the pandemic! Out of trillions upon trillions of dollars, the people got MAYBE $300b.

Both parties were playing politics with the most recent bill that didn't get passed. Neither party gives a shit about any of us getting money to pay bills etc. and when Trump told Pelosi to create a bill that JUST gave people stimulus checks, she said no because she didn't want it to help Trump's reelection chances. He knew she was going to say no too. Both parties are shit. They only care about themselves and their own agendas.

A very small number of politicians are calling for a monthy UBI for the duration of the pandemic up to like $2,000 for 12 months. I doubt it gets passed. It's probably less than a 1% chance that it passes. At most, they will probably give everyone one more $1,200-$2,000 check and that's it. With them talking about how a vaccine is close and at about 95% efficacy, we're probably not getting anything.

Not I as I'm in Canada. Canadians care more about each other.

That said, I fear that you are right in that neither of your main parties care a jot about the people..Senatus Populus Que Americanus does not include the slaves. Probably 90% are slaves/serfs without knowing it.

When will people finally get tired of supporting politicians who ignore the real issues? After nearly 10 trillion has been given to the ruling class and their corporations while doing nothing to confront the virus that continues to kill those who virtually got nothing. While she did lightly mention some dissent of the ruling class, she totally left out how they totally robbed main street. And rhetorically manufactured a false sense of achievement for ordinary citizens in which only essential workers who were forced to continue working from the beginning might have had a short moment in a small measure of benefit. I highly doubt lower income and those at the poverty line would view her view of spoken achievements as a reality. Those working in the service sector, other MS businesses, having lost family in nursing homes, jails and prison system. Yes, a nice percentage of people who managed to get unemployment with the extra benefits were better beneficiaries. But that has begun to be erased also. 10 trillion that went to the ruling class and their profitable corporations could have went a lot further in benefiting society with a shut down of society to properly quell the virus which we all could have lived through for a month or so.

@William_Mary Your guess is as good as mine as to when people will wake up. My guess is quite nihilistic though. I feel it will be never or even if they do then it will be much too late to do anything about it anyway. AOC talked a good game before she was elected, but then she kowtowed to Democratic Party banter and also started supporting establishment politicians that she said she would fight against and primary.

This is a recent vid from Jimmy Dore with Glenn Greenwald talking about AOC (start at the 23:39 point for just talk about AOC):

@Piece2YourPuzzle what Greenwald explains in the AOC and Pelosi example, AOC also did with Hillieary Clinton right out of the gate of her win also. What upsets me a lot though is also these progressive actors in commentary and journalism. Dore going into that time frame started stuttering about creating a 3rd party, stopped and said support, then poof, thought closed. But just where is their support!?! It sure wasn't within a lack of covering Hawkins who got very little time. He got a fraction of time on any media than Jill Stein did. And Hawkins himself along with the Green Party, virtually absent in their own right to promote their run. God forbid anyone mention the SEP! They're none existent to these people also. You have to ask that question. What is their agenda really about if they aren't out there to actually promote genuine alternatives.

@William_Mary Somebody else started a 3rd party and Jimmy has been promoting them on his channel. He hosted an actual convention like event on his channel for them. I've seen him stand up for Jill Stein and the Green Party. He had Howie Hawkins on his show too. I don't know exactly what else he can do for them though. He calls out "The Squad" all the time. But no, he doesn't promote the SEP that I have noticed. Maybe he doesn't know much about them or maybe it's because they're never in the news that he pulls his material from. I have no clue.

@Piece2YourPuzzle it seems to me that if they had a genuine intent of ruffling the feathers of the establishment in getting them out of power, that they have a vast amount of resources over that of mine to make it a purpose to get them exposed to the public. I have a hard time buying they don't know about the SEP and WSWS who have worked with unions across the country for decades, within protest, and participated on collage campus discussion forums over all the years. They have to have a documented knowing considering they're able to have resources and affiliates to all the other information they mirror in their work.

Why does it seem like I'm the only one on the planet that has a recollection of these 2 collaborate entities that offer us virtually every, or closely related issues, and attempting to expose their existence? They have a considerable based following in the comments section of their articles that confound that question.

@William_Mary Jimmy Dore has a YouTube channel. I don't know what type of "power" he has. He's no Joe Rogan. Jimmy has about 840k subscribers. Rogan has about 10m. I don't think Jimmy is snubbing the SEP. Maybe he is. You might be right. I just don't think he is. Everything I hear from Jimmy is anti-establishment, anti-Republican, anti-Democrat, and anti-mainstream media. I don't know what more he can do on a YouTube channel.

Congress passed a relief bill four months ago... Mcconnel and the republican senate refuse to even vote on it

Yes I knew that. There are some incredibly evil people in the senate.

McConnell may be more evil than the Orange Turd.

@MizJ I agree

@mizj smarter at least

Recent Visitors 17

Photos 120 More

Posted by William_MaryIf You Wish Someone a Happy Memorial Day, You Fail to Understand Its True Meaning The mythology perpetuated at Memorial Day benefits no one save the militarists and war profiteers.

Posted by LufahyuMedia Sources; people from all walks and ideologies peruse a variety of source material available on the Internet, some more reliable than others.

Posted by joy2loveThe Neuroscience of Illusion - Scientific American

Posted by CherokeemanBlessings y'all.

Posted by Archeus_LoreA good meme for religious people to see . . . .

Posted by William_MaryIt has been questioned if Einstein actually made this statement.

Posted by William_Mary“The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.

Posted by William_MaryHowever we have an escape-------[wsws.org]

Posted by William_MaryKeep people from their history, and they are easily controlled.

Posted by William_MaryThis fairly explains our political woes within our citizenry when it comes to the voting process that's managed within only 2 parties with their perceptions managed by propaganda designed to support ...

Posted by William_MaryI can pretty much apply this thought to just about everyone who has attempted to challenge my agenda here in this group, and my comments on social media in regards to our political arena.

Posted by William_MaryBy Apr.

Posted by William_MaryThe working class holds the strength to change the world for a better society for everyone. We just need to refuse to remain indoctrinated into their manufactured delusional reality.

Posted by William_MaryWhen the state is controlled by corporations and the ruling class.

Posted by of-the-mountainHas sanity and respect for all female, male, and children’s healthcare been suspended by these obstructionists republican fascists with their overt agenda against the people of this country!!! Are ...

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

• Top tags#world #DonaldTrump #government #media #video #society #money #republicans #democrats #truth #death #military #laws #USA #reason #democratic #god #policy #evidence #vote #politics #politicians #children #hope #hell #BernieSanders #rights #created #campaign #corporate #population #fear #religion #BarackObama #community #Police #book #TheTruth #friends #Russian #religious #relationship #China #economic #capitalism #nation #freedom #propaganda #kids #wars ...

Members 1,706Top