Agnostic.com
8 9

This was on FB
THE STORY OF A DOWNER COW:
After all the animals were downloaded from the truck, this downer cow was left alone behind, unable to move. The stockyard workers used electric prods in her ear to try to get her out of the truck, then beat and kicked her in the face, ribs, and back, but still she couldn’t move. They tied a rope around her neck, tied the other end to a post in the ground, and drove the truck away. The cow was dragged along the floor of the truck and fell to the ground, landing with both hind legs and her pelvis broken.

For the first 3 hours, she lay in the hot sun crying. When she urinated or defecated, she used her front legs to drag herself along the gravel roadway to a clean spot. She also tried to crawl to a shaded area but couldn’t move far enough. Altogether, she managed to crawl a painful 13-14 yards.

The employees refused to provide her any water; the only water she received was given to her by Jess Pierce, a local animal rights activist, who had been contacted by a woman who witnessed the incident.

After receiving no cooperation from stockyard workers, Jess called the Kenton County Police. A police officer arrived but was instructed to do nothing; he left at 1 p.m. The stockyard operator informed Jess that he had permission from the insurance company to kill the cow but wouldn’t do it until she left. Although doubtful that he would keep his word, Jess left at 3pm.

She returned at 4:30pm and found the stockyard deserted. Three dogs were attacking the cow, who was still alive. She had suffered a number of bite wounds and her water had been removed. Jess contacted the police. 4 officers arrived at 5:30pm

A State trooper wanted to shoot the cow but was told that a vet should kill her. The 2 veterinarians at the facility would not euthanize her, claiming that in order to preserve the value of the #meat, she could not be destroyed. The butcher arrived at 7:30 p.m. and butchered the cow.

Her dead body was purchased for $307.50.

Wildgreens 8 Nov 10
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is awful. It is one of the reasons I am a vegetarian. When I was young we had a farm and everyday I hualed water to the steer stuck in the barn. Each 5 gal bucket probably weighed more than me. I'd have to sneak up, open the door fast, put the bucket in, and close the door fast before the steer could get out. When the killed it to butcher it he was stressed and the meat ended up super tough. It was barely edible. I'll never forget it. I became a vegetarian so animals would not have to suffer and die for me to eat.

This cruelty is just too sad to take in. Those that did this are not human beings. How can anyone be this cruel????

This murder victim could have been saved ....calling her a downee is like calling the most intelligent of all victims stupid....she appears to me to be a dairy holstein NOT A FEEDLOT HEIFER and propably fed thou thousands of individual sub-human animals MILK and birthed & nursed several calves in her learning growing life.....packed in a bull wagon she did the intelligent thing and dropped to the floor in shock while the rest remained upright in stress ..... THIS LIFE GIVING HERO OF MINE deserves a medal for holding onto life an prison for her abusers.....people please remember her EVERY TIME YOU THINK of cheeseburgers ice cream glue leather insulin milk eggnog romano swiss & cheddar....if there is a vegan millionaire here HOW MANY COWs like her could you prevent torture and death by bribing dairy farmers 200 dollars each to gently rescue my hero milk cows and operate a chain of rescue retreats for all animals....her 307 dollar death paid a nazi driver and diesel polluter much pf that evil money and ethical dairy farmers would accept 200 dollars knowing the sale would extend and improve her natural living ???? Give a little credit to the crazy sexist hindu religion for not murdering cows.... I am soooooo ashamed of being born in Iowa of 50 nazi states who Hitler vegetarian learned his murdeeous tactics from USA death camps are called RESERVATIONs

All this due to the demand for inexpensive meat. Empathy and decent treatment (this is often what 'humane' really means) costs.

JackPedigo Level 9 Nov 10, 2020

This is why I don’t care for most humans. Their abject cruelty is unbelievable.

Neither do I.

Horrendous

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 10, 2020

What horrifying cruelty ,but probably not that uncommon at stock yards

RoyMillar Level 9 Nov 10, 2020

What a horrifying story. The human cruelty makes me sick.

\yes i agree so cruel

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 23

Photos 590 More

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by devayogaMy vegetable garden

Posted by WildgreensBeing A Vegan

Posted by WildgreensBottled water 💦

Posted by WildgreensReal Medicine

Posted by JackPedigoA new company (seafood) in the plant based ‘meat’ options, which includes types of fish.

Posted by BDairWhy was there never a word about healthy diets and essential vitamins and nutrients? Liquor stores and 'big box' stores never closed. This was never about public health.

Posted by WildgreensMy new group is called covid cult. The information MSM doesn’t want you to know.

Posted by BDairBrilliant tip.

Posted by WildgreensFDA Safety Surveillance

Posted by WildgreensI knew this was going to happen.

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

• Top tags#video #animals #world #Vegetarian #god #religious #religion #Diet #oil #friends #Atheist #hope #reason #youtube #vegan #humans #kids #hell #movies #atheism #sex #children #Bible #church #relationship #truth #dogs #earth #money #death #cats #faith #book #parents #disease #belief #TheTruth #environment #Christian #government #documentary #laws #pizza #Organic #mother #coffee #hello #climate #cancer #Cake ...

Members 739Top