Agnostic.com
5 1

I'm not a vegetarian in principal only in practice. Seems the opposite from most, I simply don't crave food. So I eat what is healthy for me, which is not saturated fats because I have FH. That removes meat, dairy, most breads and some vegetables. Oils are almost entirely gone, vinegar seems to be the alternative. Surprisingly I am healthy and strong with plenty of energy and positive demeanor. Do you think this is a diet you could do?

ReubenDS 4 June 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Welcome to the site and to the group Reuben.
Easy for me. I don’t eat anything that has a face, mother or anything that takes from animals such as honey, eggs, dairy...etc..I don’t contribute to cruelty.
I completely comprehend that not everyone has the same path. Every animal deserves the right to live a cruelty free life. I have been an actual vegan over 15 years. It’s not a diet it’s a lifestyle for me.

Wildgreens Level 8 June 8, 2021

I guess it's like being an atheist and expecting Christians to honor you for good deeds because you don't have any expectations of reward.

It does work for me, mostly. I do use some oils in moderation. Some recipes use alcohol like cooking sherry instead of oils and a couple I know use soy sauce. I am a vegan both in principle and practice. It helps me stick to my habits when I have a firm background of why it is important to do so. For breads I only use GF breads. I also don't crave foods and try to eat on a schedule.

JackPedigo Level 9 June 3, 2021

My wife and I have been vegetarian for about 20 years. But we do oil and bread.
We've been very pleased with the way our diets have treated us.🙂

RichCC Level 8 June 3, 2021

But could you continue without?

@ReubenDS
These days I'm spoiled I admit.
But I don't worry excessively about variety in meals.
My personal favorite meals are rice and beans, fresh pasta and steamed red potatoes. I eat those meals probably once each every week -- and then as leftovers -- with bread and salad thrown in sometimes.

The spoiled comes in that they all make good starting points for a variety of dishes -- lots of different vegetables can be added along with bunches of different sauces and spices -- Sriracha, Harissa, Pesto, Cheese, Jalapenos, Habeneros, Sweet Chili Sauce, Honey, Garlic, Onion, Paprika and much more.

It's like my dogs say. They're self-regulators so there's always food in their dishes -- but it's always dog food.
But as they say, it's better than going hungry.

Why haven't you written a bio yet? I don't understand why people join the site and then don't let anyone know anything about them. Please complete your bio.

I joined a few hours ago, soon.

All done, lol.

@ReubenDS Thank you! It’s so much nicer when one knows a little background on other members.

What is FH?

Familial Hypercholesterolemia

Searching on the web I found... -- Sorry if it's mistaken.

Familial hypercholesterolemia (FH) is a diagnosis which refers to individuals with very significantly elevated low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (LDL-C) or "bad cholesterol" and an increased risk an increased risk of early onset of coronary artery disease if not sufficiently treated.

@RichCC sounds right to me.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 17

Photos 590 More

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by devayogaMy vegetable garden

Posted by WildgreensBeing A Vegan

Posted by WildgreensBottled water 💦

Posted by WildgreensReal Medicine

Posted by JackPedigoA new company (seafood) in the plant based ‘meat’ options, which includes types of fish.

Posted by BDairWhy was there never a word about healthy diets and essential vitamins and nutrients? Liquor stores and 'big box' stores never closed. This was never about public health.

Posted by WildgreensMy new group is called covid cult. The information MSM doesn’t want you to know.

Posted by BDairBrilliant tip.

Posted by WildgreensFDA Safety Surveillance

Posted by WildgreensI knew this was going to happen.

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

• Top tags#video #animals #world #Vegetarian #god #religious #religion #Diet #oil #friends #Atheist #hope #reason #youtube #vegan #humans #kids #hell #movies #atheism #sex #children #Bible #church #relationship #truth #dogs #earth #money #death #cats #faith #book #parents #disease #belief #TheTruth #environment #Christian #government #documentary #laws #pizza #Organic #mother #coffee #hello #climate #cancer #Cake ...

Members 740Top