Agnostic.com

7 0

LOTR or Harry Potter?

• 5 votes
  • 5 votes
Che26m 5 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've only seen Lords of the rings I tried watching Harry Potter and fell asleep 5 minutes into it, not because I was bored I was just sleepy. I haven't read either story. It's just not my genre.

This should not be an exclusive OR ...

I actually like them both.. I have all the dvds from both. Great shows.. good story lines. Even tho HP is geared for a more younger age group.. I think a lot of adults like it. I do!

HP books > LOTR books but LOTR movies > HP movies

The LOTR books were incredibly detail oriented but they tend to be harder to follow what with the multiple plot lines (although watching the movies and then re-reading the books helps), and the pace gets really slow about halfway through the second book. The HP books, on the other hand, are all extremely readable, move at a quick enough pace, and are just a pleasure to read.

The movies I feel the opposite about. The HP movies move too quickly and gloss over the details. You don't get enough of a feel for the characters or the details of the plot lines. The LOTR movies, on the other hand, move at the right pace and are very watchable whether you read the books or not. I feel like most people watching the HP movies would need a lot of things explained to them by a reader of the books.

So I guess slow-paced books = good movies and good books = movies that move too fast.

Both wonderful works of fantasy. Tolkien was far moe detail oriented which created a far more visually complex picture in your mind. Harry Potter was fun as a world within or apart from the everyday world.

SamL Level 7 Oct 8, 2017

Harry Potter definitely. I dozed off while watching Lord of the Rings and didn't bother with the books.

What?! I'm the only person for Harry Potter?

I like them both but voted for LOTR, because of the battle scenes. lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1001
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.