Newest Trending New Comments Trending Tags | All
Newest New Comments Last Viewed Most comments Most liked Tags All
Which path do you prefer?
Posted by By skado | 16 comments | AL, USA | Nov 30, 2018
Is there an afterlife? of any sort
Posted by By Albert_Camus | 28 comments | Philippines | Nov 30, 2018
Hands up all those who have had a discussion with a deeply religious friend, colleague or family member or even a complete stranger (ie the preacher on the street) and actually produced such a ...
Posted by By darien75 | 6 comments | UK | Nov 28, 2018
Who do atheists thank on Thanksgiving? [youtube.com]
Posted by By CuriousCreature | 24 comments | NY, USA | Nov 22, 2018
What has been your experience with humanist/agnostic/athiest groups that meet in person?
Posted by By RationalThinker | 10 comments | Toronto, Canada | Nov 21, 2018
Open minded?
Posted by By WeaZ | 11 comments | MO, USA | Nov 20, 2018
What's your belief?
Posted by By JosiahHendr | 12 comments | WA, USA | Nov 18, 2018
What is your moral compass?
Posted by By Gaiana818 | 55 comments | VT, USA | Nov 15, 2018
Submit a haiku
Posted by By Dazeypanda | 20 comments | Provadence, USA | Nov 13, 2018
Is knowledge only probabilistic? Rene Descartes is probably the most famous of philosophers for limiting knowledge, but many others have come to the conclusion that everything and anything we have...
Posted by By BeerAndWine | 7 comments | san jose, ca, USA | Nov 13, 2018
Agnosticcoms who have lived in multiple US states, what are some cultural differences you weren’t prepared for?
Posted by By celticagent | 4 comments | Northampton, USA | Nov 13, 2018
Illegality against morality
Posted by By Paddypereira | 6 comments | Dublin, Ireland | Nov 12, 2018
POLL Do you display any symbols of your humanist philosophy?
Posted by By Diogenes1972 | 24 comments | NY, USA | Nov 9, 2018
LINK Believing without evidence is always morally wrong | Aeon Ideas
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 11 comments | WV, USA | Nov 7, 2018
What is your ideal self? What does it mean to be your highest self?
Posted by By Zackalberto | 37 comments | IL, USA | Oct 31, 2018
LINK Neuroscientist Sam Harris on Our Misconceptions About Free Will and How Acknowledging Its Illusoriness Liberates Us Rather Than Taking Away Our Freedom – Brain Pickings
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 11 comments | WV, USA | Oct 31, 2018
If you could make a rule that everyone had to follow, what would it be?
Posted by By SleeplessInTexas | 92 comments | TX, USA | Oct 30, 2018
Is there anyone here that values the teachings of the bible, but rejects it's supernatural elements?
Posted by By Wrain62 | 90 comments | FL, USA | Oct 30, 2018
There will be a few times in your life when all your instincts will tell you to do something, something that defies logic, upsets your plans, and may seem crazy to others. When that happens, you do ...
Posted by By Markwilliams | 35 comments | South Africa | Oct 27, 2018
Who's a person who inspires you? I don't just mean politicians - I mean activists, writers, organizers, communicators, media figures - everybody in every field. Who gives you hope?
Posted by By Flettie | 64 comments | Buxton, UK, UK | Oct 26, 2018
LINK Philosophers Name the Best Philosophy Books: From Stoicism and Existentialism, to Metaphysics & Ethics for Artificial Intelligence | Open Culture
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 6 comments | WV, USA | Oct 23, 2018
Why is the label African Americans used to describe black Americans
Posted by By paul1967 | 37 comments | Pacific Palisades, USA | Oct 23, 2018
An interesting way to talk to theists: I'm a probation officer. Part of my job is to meet with lifelong criminals and in meeting that last less then an hour maybe every other week we need to use ...
Posted by By Adamhayes_1986 | 16 comments | Canada | Oct 22, 2018
"Providing people with more and better information is unlikely to improve matters. Most of our views are shaped by communal group-think rather than individual rationality, and we hold on to these ...
Posted by By Matias | 11 comments | Germany | Oct 20, 2018
What would you consider "The meaning of life" to be?
Posted by By Infomaniac | 64 comments | CA, USA | Oct 19, 2018
“You are not the same person you were 10 years ago.” That was our lesson in our Sociology class. My professor, who has seen many people go in and out of his life, had told a story of two people...
Posted by By CesStuart | 21 comments | Somewhere, Philippines | Oct 17, 2018
Outside Time and Space?
Posted by By paul1967 | 50 comments | Pacific Palisades, USA | Oct 15, 2018
LINK What Would Happen If Everyone Truly Believed Everything Is One? - Scientific American Blog Network
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 18 comments | WV, USA | Oct 14, 2018
Validity of a theory
Posted by By Williamrj17 | 33 comments | UK | Oct 13, 2018
Political correctness was not even the original term it was called Alternate insert target here. It's purpose was the recognition of prejudices that had become so normalised that they had ...
Posted by By LenHazell53 | 20 comments | UK | Oct 13, 2018
Is the solution to "hate speech" more speech or less speech?
Posted by By IamBane | 60 comments | Dallas, USA | Oct 12, 2018
One of the questions on this site when I signed up was if I believe in God or gods, and then it asked for a percentage. I was going to put down 100% no but I saw that 99% was also an option, which I ...
Posted by By jimdaughters | 40 comments | ROCHESTER, USA | Oct 11, 2018
Whenever you egaged in an angry altercation with someone else, haven't you invariably thought that the other person was absolutely wrong, and you were absolutely right? Why do we think so?
Posted by By Noyi | 27 comments | India | Oct 10, 2018
Are there any special purpose in our life other than eating, drinking, sleeping, making merry, quarrelling, amassing wealth, criticising others and such other silly things?
Posted by By Noyi | 55 comments | India | Oct 9, 2018
What life-altering things should every human ideally get to experience at least once in their lives?
Posted by By WeaZ | 49 comments | MO, USA | Oct 8, 2018
I just left Christianity, and they talk a lot about this "darkness" that Jesus delivered them from. I've been wondering, what is this darkness? Is it other religions as well as Satan? When the ...
Posted by By BongoCat | 21 comments | Dallas, USA | Oct 7, 2018
POLL Does evil exist? As non-believers do we still accept the concept of evil in its pure form?
Posted by By 273kelvin | 72 comments | Liverpool, UK | Oct 7, 2018
One of the arguments made by the religious, is that religion/scripture is the source of our morality. I haven't seen the argument made against it that, scriptures are written documents, by humans,...
Posted by By rob2691 | 15 comments | MD, USA | Oct 6, 2018
How many of you attend services, but are agnostic?
Posted by By Adam_Gaha | 50 comments | IN, USA | Oct 4, 2018
The existing/non existing Universe
Posted by By Eldovis | 19 comments | VA, USA | Oct 3, 2018
Truth as such has no value in itself. - - - - You need enough truth (= adequate knowledge of the real world 'out there' ) in order to successfully survive. If you know well enough those aspects ...
Posted by By Matias | 22 comments | Germany | Oct 2, 2018
I'm wanting to challenge my beliefs, but struggling to find a challenge to them. I enjoy upgrading them when a well reasoned argument is made....... when one belief is changed, I get hungry for more. ...
Posted by By Secular_Squirrel | 20 comments | Lafayette, USA | Sep 30, 2018
In the balance between being responsible and being free, where do you find yourself? You could go all the way to one extreme and say you are free from all responsibilities bar what’s necessary for ...
Posted by By Denker | 14 comments | Netherlands | Sep 30, 2018
Are we freethinkers to be as petty as Christians on their websites? I want to hear more about the world changing problems we might soon be facing and the unique solutions that only atheists are ...
Posted by By HumanistSinger | 11 comments | Lancaster, USA | Sep 30, 2018
My problem with this religion issue is how we have to choose which team to root for or should I say pray with. I get the carry on traditions with rituals shows respect for prior generations. Isn't ...
Posted by By HumboldtisHome | 13 comments | CA, USA | Sep 27, 2018
Does anyone find themselves staying quiet about being athiest/skeptic around friends? I've found a lot of people who know that I'm an athiest beforehand automatically try to convert me or disparage ...
Posted by By Mcassarly | 43 comments | PA, USA | Sep 27, 2018
Do I have free will?
Posted by By Christologist | 37 comments | Tribulation, USA | Sep 26, 2018
Why are we here ?
Posted by By Sofocleto | 43 comments | Mexico City In Winter, Canada | Sep 24, 2018
I grew up in a Christian home, went to Evangelical/Baptist prep school, and went on to attend a Methodist University where the veil was finally lifted from my eyes after read Marilyn Manson's auto ...
Posted by By speezasaurus | 9 comments | MI, USA | Sep 22, 2018
LINK Exorcising the Ghosts of the Sixties - TheHumanist.com
Posted by By zblaze | 4 comments | OR, USA | Sep 22, 2018
If you could live forever, could you guess now when you would choose to stop existing? (Comment)
Posted by By x0lineage0x | 43 comments | Anaheim, USA | Sep 21, 2018
Apistevist
Posted by By Auty89 | 14 comments | SC, USA | Sep 19, 2018
At what point did you realize you weren't compatible with the ideals of your contemporaries?
Posted by By Rabbittarius | 10 comments | CA, USA | Sep 18, 2018
LINK The Middle Way Society: Agnosticism
Posted by By TheMiddleWay | 9 comments | CA, USA | Sep 17, 2018
Does anyone else here read the actual arguments made by atheists/naturalists set forth on sites like infidels.org, or in books by the likes of Dr. Michael Martin and Dr. Rick Monnier? Do you have any ...
Posted by By PolyWolf | 10 comments | PA, USA | Sep 17, 2018
Competition: healthy or not?
Posted by By Akfishlady | 60 comments | Grays Harbor County, USA | Sep 16, 2018
Where are you on the bridge? What are YOU doing there? For many years I have thought of agnosticism as a bridge - a metaphor for the means of completing the journey from the delusions of religion ...
Posted by By Mcflewster | 35 comments | Reading UK, UK | Sep 13, 2018
What happens after a human being dies? To me, this is one of the easiest questions about life and death to answer. Not only is the answer painfully obvious but all of us, nonbelievers and ...
Posted by By JimiYugo | 66 comments | TX, USA | Sep 10, 2018
Where do you find meaning?
Posted by By Lucignolo | 95 comments | FL, USA | Sep 9, 2018
How to grieve after a passing of a loved one.
Posted by By ChrisOlesky777 | 21 comments | SC, USA | Sep 9, 2018
Favorite Richard Dawkins quote?
Posted by By queerious | 23 comments | AZ, USA | Sep 6, 2018
POLL What is your biggest fear?
Posted by By Akfishlady | 90 comments | Grays Harbor County, USA | Sep 3, 2018
Role Model Role Call
Posted by By MFAtheist | 21 comments | OH, USA | Sep 3, 2018
My Question on omnipotent
Posted by By RaymondNoble | 18 comments | Ireland | Sep 2, 2018
I just received my "Agnostic.com" tee shirt ($15). I wore it to Sunday Brunch. I believe it was my "coming out" moment. I live in a senior retirement facility that caters to both independent and ...
Posted by By tfg1929 | 24 comments | AZ, USA | Sep 2, 2018
The difference among the labels: atheist, secularist, and antitheist.
Posted by By KenChang | 5 comments | WA, USA | Sep 1, 2018
What is your definition of integrity?
Posted by By Happyonearth | 31 comments | North Central Florida, USA | Sep 1, 2018
I've seen the word "plausible" thrown around quite a bit here in regards to spiritual/religious claims, I'll assume this is coming from pure agnostics, and not full on atheists. I think words have ...
Posted by By HereticSin | 21 comments | Hometown, USA | Aug 31, 2018
What is the most agreed upon truth that exists?
Posted by By noseenobelieve | 42 comments | Canada | Aug 30, 2018
Robot Rights
Posted by By MShek | 32 comments | Hartford, USA | Aug 30, 2018
PragerFU: Do We Have Free Will? - misterdeity [youtube.com]
Posted by By phxbillcee | 10 comments | Phoenix, USA | Aug 29, 2018
The need for religion, not God came up today. In the conversation, I brought up the fact that humans have always looked to order their lives, and religion is another way of ordering your life. There ...
Posted by By GreatNani | 36 comments | DC, USA | Aug 29, 2018
I hope you can read this, John McCain's last words from his last book. Very well written, very good read.
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 12 comments | Omaha, USA | Aug 27, 2018
LINK Wisdom from the dark ages of 1998 for the internet era
Posted by By JackPedigo | 10 comments | Lopez Island, Washington, USA | Aug 27, 2018
Philosophy
Posted by By TheDrabbuh | 27 comments | AL, USA | Aug 27, 2018
A friend from my bi-weekly atheist ladies Sunday brunch passed away this morning. She found out she was stage 4 liver cancer about five weeks ago. She decided against fighting and decided upon ...
Posted by By LilAtheistLady | 27 comments | Albuquerque, USA | Aug 26, 2018
I wonder how many people here were born Atheist/Agnostic or were perhaps brought up religiously then for some reason decided to no longer believe in God. I was brought up a Jehovah's Witness until I ...
Posted by By rogshar | 34 comments | Esher, UK | Aug 25, 2018
How does this Joseph Campbell quote tie in with your atheism/agnosticism? Or not?
Posted by By bleurowz | 14 comments | Edison, USA | Aug 25, 2018
Is there such a thing as "cultural identity"?
Posted by By Matias | 14 comments | Germany | Aug 24, 2018
I think your mind either expands or shrinks under either an alcoholic or drug induced state...You can have the most profound thoughts while under both effects and they will make so much sense but if ...
Posted by By Dragoria | 15 comments | UK | Aug 23, 2018
Humanism is about understanding the facts and reality of who we are and also exploring the wondrous possibilities of what we may become. What does Humanism mean to you?
Posted by By raines | 24 comments | OR, USA | Aug 23, 2018
Is there such a thing as "cultural theft"?
Posted by By Matias | 43 comments | Germany | Aug 22, 2018
I've always argued against the biggest islamic claim that the Quran is somehow unaltered since it was revealed to Mohammed. I did some light research and found out about how it was compiled after ...
Posted by By Nardi | 16 comments | UK | Aug 21, 2018
We can help ourselves think more critically by keeping the following points in mind. - Beware: We can all be fooled. Possibly the most common pitfall with regard to critical thinking is the belief...
Posted by By Matias | 7 comments | Germany | Aug 21, 2018
How rigid are you? Can you change your mind when presented with verified facts? It seems believers have a different and difficult time with fact based change.
Posted by By KateZilla | 43 comments | TN, USA | Aug 20, 2018
Prayers at meetings
Posted by By Ownyrvoice | 36 comments | MD, USA | Aug 19, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm new here so I'm just gonna straight up ask a question :). Who is your favourite influential thinker of all time?
Posted by By Cosmic_Cam | 25 comments | UK | Aug 19, 2018
Should secularism be taught in high school as a part of a civics class or social studies.
Posted by By Marine | 20 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Aug 19, 2018
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change." Source unknown (often misattributed to Darwin, but ...
Posted by By empirical | 22 comments | OH, USA | Aug 18, 2018
At what point is a technologically enhanced human not a human anymore?
Posted by By WeaZ | 34 comments | MO, USA | Aug 18, 2018
What if you could know...?
Posted by By BoingoOingo42 | 14 comments | NM, USA | Aug 18, 2018
How can I have free will, by todays deffinition, if my behavior is so predictable it is written in a text book? Why could I be blamed?
Posted by By ewsintex | 11 comments | TX, USA | Aug 18, 2018
I adore science and scientist and the drive to discover even though I kind of lack it myself, I love to follow those who have it. But as I experience the wonder and intricacies of nature and have a...
Posted by By ThomasLevi | 4 comments | Oak Lawn, USA | Aug 15, 2018
The Sorites Parradox is an ancient conundrum that runs as follows; If you have a pile of sand comprised of a thousand grains of sand and you take 1 grain of sand away at a time at what exact point ...
Posted by By cava | 10 comments | FL, USA | Aug 15, 2018
Are we living in an era of "post-truth" ?
Posted by By Matias | 26 comments | Germany | Aug 15, 2018
Share something you do to live deliberately. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to ...
Posted by By PaigeM | 16 comments | MO, USA | Aug 15, 2018
What is good for your soul?
Posted by By BoingoOingo42 | 54 comments | NM, USA | Aug 15, 2018
Why are so many people pleased at other people's misfortune?
Posted by By Hitchens | 32 comments | Ireland | Aug 15, 2018
I find that most people who classify themselves as agnostics or atheists still have issues with Christianity. They do not believe in God, other religions, or the super-natural, and that is their ...
Posted by By SENIORMAN | 17 comments | Barrie, Canada | Aug 14, 2018