Topics
I live in a city where there are nine women to every man. So why does many men find it difficult to find a partner. I have heard of women who pay for the mens drinks, and offer to take them home. I...
Posted in Love & Relationships
Posted by By Backslidden | 16 comments | Canada | Feb 20, 2019
Do you prefer to be in a large group - are you happiest with a few close friends - or are you most comfortable alone?
Posted in Health & Happiness
Posted by By Heidi68 | 34 comments | NC, USA | Feb 20, 2019
So fucking true!
Posted by By RileyStevens | 5 comments | WA, USA | Feb 20, 2019
The Bread or the Pan👍😂
Posted by By Sheannutt | 37 comments | OR, USA | Feb 20, 2019
LINK ‘I am dreaming of a way to kill almost every last person on earth’: A self-proclaimed white nationalist planned a mass terrorist attack, the government says - The Washington Post
Posted in News & Links
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 8 comments | Omaha, USA | Feb 20, 2019
An update from a closeted atheist: I told a couple people in my close circle that I do not believe and I am an atheist. Surprisingly they were really understanding and nonjudgmental about it. No one ...
Posted by By chlorine413 | 13 comments | CA, USA | Feb 20, 2019
[facebook.com] THey say everyone has a doppelganger. THis blond woman in the reddish shirt is mine. SHe is even doing something I would love to do and wearing what looks like my favorite blouse.
Posted by By btroje | 10 comments | NM, USA | Feb 20, 2019
Won't You Be My Neighbor? I watched this documentary about Fred Rogers and was brought to tears. He was a religious man, but understood that morality and goodness did not need to be wrapped in it.
Posted in Music, Movies & Books
Posted by By ScienceRocks | 8 comments | VA, USA | Feb 20, 2019
I saw this the other day and thought I'd share: [pewforum.org] Where do you fall?
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By n8harris | 5 comments | AZ, USA | Feb 20, 2019
Apparently, men who marry plus-size women are happier. [homemaking.com]
Posted in Health & Happiness
Posted by By MissKathleen | 16 comments | Desert, USA | Feb 20, 2019
Wait! What! One day...?
Posted by By 1000runner | 4 comments | NY, USA | Feb 20, 2019
Using words like God, Pray or Heavens... I have been trying to not use these words as much in my vocabulary but it just does not happen, I try replacing the words with "Universe & Hope" which...
Posted by By abeille | 25 comments | NC, USA | Feb 20, 2019
I'm sitting by my daughter's bedside as she awaits abdominal surgery and we stroll through her childhood together, recounting her favorite childhood memories. She had a voracious appetite for ...
Posted in Philosophy & Meaning
Posted by By ElusiveMoby | 16 comments | CA, USA | Feb 20, 2019
LINK Neuroscientists Say They've Found an Entirely New Form of Neural Communication
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By hippydog | 8 comments | Canada | Feb 20, 2019
Ooooooooooklahoma.....where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...and there is a church on every damn corner! LOL
Posted in Religion & Spirituality
Posted by By SkotlandSkye | 11 comments | Happy Land, West By Midwest, USA | Feb 20, 2019
Had a visitor this morning.
Posted by By SkepticPower31 | 14 comments | Reality, Canada | Feb 20, 2019
Worst foods to attempt to eat while breastfeeding a one week old infant...ice cream, hot wings, cheetos, soup, and from @Daphnedarling...a nice, juicy peach. I'm working with very little sleep ...
Posted by By Donotbelieve | 21 comments | Notyourbusiness, USA | Feb 20, 2019
Known universe just got bigger by 300,000 more galaxies [businesslive.co.za]
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By Charliesey | 16 comments | Davie., USA | Feb 19, 2019
POLL The Bern man is in, man. Bernie Sanders Launches 2020 Presidential Campaign, No Longer An Underdog [n.pr]
Posted by By CallMeDave | 37 comments | Smith Mountain Lake, USA | Feb 19, 2019
Any pro-wall atheists out there? I have been down near the border filming my latest documentary recently, and I didn't see any sign of this "emergency" or whatever it's being touted as.
Posted by By Shaggy | 30 comments | AZ, USA | Feb 19, 2019
Dancing makes me happy. [psychology-spot.com]
Posted in Health & Happiness
Posted by By MissKathleen | 12 comments | Desert, USA | Feb 19, 2019
POLL Recent discussion with a friend: How many of you can overlook differences in religious beliefs in a relationship? Could it work between a believer and a non-believer? What do you guys think? I’m in ...
Posted in Love & Relationships
Posted by By Michael76 | 21 comments | NC, USA | Feb 19, 2019
Hey everyone! I'm a new member here, and I'm looking for some guidance from someone who has been where I am. A local establishment is holding a "Does god exist" debate and I have been asked to ...
Posted in Health & Happiness
Posted by By Sr9090 | 32 comments | SD, USA | Feb 18, 2019
Oscar-nominated documentary "Minding the Gap" tackles domestic violence through the lens of race and gender
Posted in Love & Relationships
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 6 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Feb 18, 2019
More pictures of Depot beach, Australia. Early morning.
Posted by By Jolanta | 16 comments | Australia | Feb 18, 2019
If wealth was the result of hard work . . .
Posted by By THHA | 16 comments | AZ, USA | Feb 18, 2019
[youtu.be]
Posted in Music, Movies & Books
Posted by By Susan74 | 5 comments | Durham, USA | Feb 18, 2019
“a "coordinated, unlawful and substantially resourced absentee ballot scheme" in two counties carried out by a political operative hired by the Republican candidate” [apple.news]
Posted by By Marcel3405 | 4 comments | Snohomish, USA | Feb 18, 2019
Attention! Cuteness overload😍 A lovely animation from Pixar SparkShorts - Kitbull [youtube.com]
Posted in Music, Movies & Books
Posted by By Agnieszka | 23 comments | Poland | Feb 18, 2019
LINK Plummeting insect numbers 'threaten collapse of nature' | Environment | The Guardian
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By zblaze | 12 comments | OR, USA | Feb 18, 2019
LINK Portland Considers Protection Against Discrimination For Atheists, Agnostics
Posted by By zblaze | 7 comments | OR, USA | Feb 18, 2019
MOTIVATION AND INSPIRATION “Neither sex, without some fertilization of the complimentary characters of the other, is capable of the highest reaches of human endeavor.” Jean-Paul Sartre MY...
Posted in Philosophy & Meaning
Posted by By permanwilson | 7 comments | NJ, USA | Feb 18, 2019
[bbc.com] New at Dublin Churches
Posted by By ADKSparky | 6 comments | NY, USA | Feb 18, 2019
Had a brief, but heartfelt & interesting talk with our current houskeeper. She's young, just finishing up a divorce. 11 year old daughter she currently has joint custody of. This young woman is ...
Posted in Family & Parenting
Posted by By bigpawbullets | 8 comments | Down By The Clear Creek, USA | Feb 18, 2019
How to write a Sext that doesn't suck
Posted in Love & Relationships
Posted by By LiterateHiker | 22 comments | Wenatchee, USA | Feb 18, 2019
LINK Death
Posted in Philosophy & Meaning
Posted by By JackPedigo | 5 comments | Lopez Island, Washington, USA | Feb 18, 2019
POLL This is currently relevant to the UK but could affect any western countries. Should Jihadi brides be allowed back to their home country after joining ISIS and now finding themselves in a refugee ...
Posted in News & Links
Posted by By Moravian | 36 comments | UK | Feb 18, 2019
Upgrading to level 2
Posted in Site & Customer Service
Posted by By Armoon | 10 comments | CO, USA | Feb 17, 2019
“Revolution is not something fixed in ideology, nor is it something fashioned to a particular decade. It is a perpetual process embedded in the human spirit.” -Abbie Hoffman
Posted in Philosophy & Meaning
Posted by By toxdoc | 7 comments | NC, USA | Feb 17, 2019
Do we have a volunteer opportunity, activism opportunity thread here? Did I miss it?
Posted by By CommonHuman | 6 comments | B5, USA | Feb 17, 2019
LINK Soviet Storm: World War II — In The East. ep. 1. Operation Barbarossa. StarMedia - YouTube
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By THHA | 4 comments | AZ, USA | Feb 17, 2019
If you work hard.
Posted by By Holiday | 10 comments | Canada | Feb 17, 2019
Take all the time you want...
Posted by By Marcel3405 | 13 comments | Snohomish, USA | Feb 17, 2019
LINK Why Misinformation Is About Who You Trust, Not What You Think - Nautilus
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 9 comments | WV, USA | Feb 17, 2019
LINK Kansas Republicans back bill requiring doctors to promote reversing medical abortion
Posted in Health & Happiness
Posted by By jerry99 | 19 comments | CO, USA | Feb 17, 2019
Our Weird World I've been visiting the local Unitarian Universalist fellowship on occasion, and went this morning. When I arrived, there was a guy - maybe 50-ish, who had parked on the shoulder,...
Posted by By evergreen | 24 comments | Inthemiddleof, USA | Feb 17, 2019
Any Jazz lovers here? Especially smooth jazz.
Posted by By IAJO163 | 22 comments | PA, USA | Feb 17, 2019
LINK Scotland’s Antonine Wall — scars of the past
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By SkotlandSkye | 6 comments | Happy Land, West By Midwest, USA | Feb 17, 2019
I think so! 😉
Posted in Silly, Random & Fun
Posted by By FlippantLlama | 14 comments | Above Your Security Clearance, USA | Feb 17, 2019
Fuckarewe...
Posted by By RileyStevens | 7 comments | WA, USA | Feb 17, 2019
True. Very true.
Posted by By Marcel3405 | 8 comments | Snohomish, USA | Feb 17, 2019
just gonna leave this here:
Posted in Love & Relationships
Posted by By tinkercreek | 20 comments | Portland Burb, USA | Feb 16, 2019
places to meet people?
Posted in Love & Relationships
Posted by By Janiesuper | 46 comments | NM, USA | Feb 16, 2019
Today I found that I had 5 long emails from an older member who lives in "the rust belt". I had not seen them previously which started on V-Day. He provided me with his phone number and demanded I ...
Posted in Love & Relationships
Posted by By Corvislover | 40 comments | Glendale, USA | Feb 16, 2019
Not to say that I will bow down to the hateful minority. But I will gladly add that I am at a loss sometimes with the negativity from those that will spread negativity and hate, to a persons view, ...
Posted by By TristanNuvo | 9 comments | FL, USA | Feb 16, 2019
Dylan the fog. My sons dog. Loves me because I take it for a walk every time I see him.
Posted in Health & Happiness
Posted by By Jolanta | 4 comments | Australia | Feb 16, 2019
LINK Washington state House committee passes bill to ban personal, philosophical vaccine exemptions | TheHill
Posted in Health & Happiness
Posted by By ScottHenrie | 9 comments | AR, USA | Feb 16, 2019
Text messaging for seniors.
Posted in Silly, Random & Fun
Posted by By SaucyCheryl | 11 comments | Near Mount St. Helens, USA | Feb 16, 2019
I had a wonderfully romantic Valentines Day date with my bf! We had a one hour ride through Central Park on a horse drawn carriage... He bought me a dozen roses and then we went to an authentic ...
Posted in Love & Relationships
Posted by By Cutiebeauty | 19 comments | West Bubble Fuck, USA | Feb 16, 2019
AOC must be doing something right. All the conservative have their panties in a bunch trying to disparage her.
Posted by By t1nick | 9 comments | Western, USA | Feb 16, 2019
For sara sanders to be interviewed by Robert Mueller is a very bad day for this White House occupant.
Posted by By Marcel3405 | 14 comments | Snohomish, USA | Feb 16, 2019
[ancient-origins.net] Wow...what are the creationist/young earthers going to make of this?
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By Amisja | 24 comments | UK | Feb 16, 2019
Can you be a spiritual agnostic?
Posted by By dh19612002 | 39 comments | Huntsville, USA | Feb 16, 2019
Hello, Everyone, I am brand new here...I just now signed up. I am glad to have finally found a place with like minded people where discussion/debate is encouraged. I am looking forward to seeing...
Posted by By IIHEATHENII | 40 comments | FL, USA | Feb 15, 2019
LINK 'My battery is low and it's getting dark': Mars rover Opportunity's last message to scientists | abc7chicago.com
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By SkotlandSkye | 8 comments | Happy Land, West By Midwest, USA | Feb 15, 2019
Five times the world didn't end [bbc.com]
Posted by By ipdg77 | 7 comments | Ryde, UK | Feb 15, 2019
No truer words have ever been spoken. 👏🏼👏🏼
Posted by By 48thRonin | 6 comments | Anywhere, USA | Feb 15, 2019
LINK The origins of handfasting at Scottish weddings - When Scots ‘married’ for a year and a day - The Scotsman
Posted in Health & Happiness
What do you think? I guess I was pretty happy at 16, but if it's going to get better at 70, I'll he over the moon my then. I'm the happiest I've ever been right now. [dailymail.co.uk]
Posted in Health & Happiness
Posted by By kjsgenie | 4 comments | Minnesota, USA | Feb 15, 2019
It's not the voices in my head that bother me… it's the echo!
Posted by By Benthoven | 6 comments | New York, USA | Feb 15, 2019
Ooooooooooooooooooklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain.....
Posted in Silly, Random & Fun
Posted by By SkotlandSkye | 9 comments | Happy Land, West By Midwest, USA | Feb 15, 2019
Introducing...
Posted by By MissKathleen | 11 comments | Desert, USA | Feb 15, 2019
If we could...
Posted by By MissKathleen | 5 comments | Desert, USA | Feb 15, 2019
Is a religious upbringing detrimental to the mental health of children?
Posted by By Matias | 32 comments | Germany | Feb 15, 2019
LINK AOC is Under Fire Because She is Right
Posted by By Krish55 | 18 comments | FL, USA | Feb 14, 2019
I wasn't sure if this should be in religion or political;.
Posted by By ADKSparky | 17 comments | NY, USA | Feb 14, 2019
Ah, Amore.
Posted by By dokala | 8 comments | MD, USA | Feb 14, 2019
everytime this link is pressed a computer generates a new human picture of a person that does not exist. The link is actually this person does not exist dot com [thispersondoesnotexist.com] even ...
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By Lukian | 7 comments | Canada | Feb 14, 2019
I'm not sure which of you Agnostic Ladies this is. But I'm confident it's one of you:
Posted in Religion & Spirituality
Posted by By bigpawbullets | 5 comments | Down By The Clear Creek, USA | Feb 14, 2019
[m.youtube.com] Part of the Life Of Brian debate. Cleese and Palin v the Church. 1979. Very interesting!
Posted by By Geoffrey51 | 4 comments | Australia | Feb 14, 2019
On my mind today ... the senseless murder of young people at Stoneman Douglas High School a year ago today. And all I'm seeing is Valentine's Day wishes ...
Posted by By germangirl90439 | 11 comments | FL, USA | Feb 14, 2019
Hypnotism is the key to learning about Religion. I was devout christian who believed in getting saved. To make a long story short i had a traumatic experience and had gone to church for 2 years ...
Posted by By abyers1970 | 11 comments | GA, USA | Feb 14, 2019
I found this piece apropo for today. May you have love in your day.
Posted in Love & Relationships
Posted by By Corvislover | 6 comments | Glendale, USA | Feb 14, 2019
I'm just wondering why all you atheists celebrate Valentine's Day? Isn't it a Christian fairy tale day? I want someone to ask me out on a date but not because hallmark needed a reason to sell cards in...
Posted in Love & Relationships
Posted by By confidentrealm | 44 comments | TX, USA | Feb 14, 2019
I brought my first recruit to the asylum. Please welcome my good friend [agnostic.com]
Posted in General & Hellos
Posted by By Amzungu2 | 11 comments | Surrounded By Corn Fields, USA | Feb 13, 2019
The hoards are coming from the south! They are rapists, murders, drug runners, terrorist, human traffickers.... Sound familiar?
Posted by By Our_existance | 9 comments | NY, USA | Feb 13, 2019
The Honey Badger [youtu.be]
Posted by By EllieUnique | 11 comments | Orlando, USA | Feb 13, 2019
LINK 11 Literary Pick Up Lines for the Chronically Dateless | Literary Hub
Posted in Love & Relationships
Posted by By Lilburne | 4 comments | Wallaby Crossing, Australia | Feb 13, 2019
I visited my mother as I have every year on her birthday . It was January 19th, and she was 96 years old ( picture to follow). She was only alert for 10 to 15 minutes at a time, but I brought her a ...
Posted in Philosophy & Meaning
Posted by By Bigwavedave | 16 comments | NC, USA | Feb 13, 2019
A rebellious one
Posted by By EllieUnique | 8 comments | Orlando, USA | Feb 13, 2019
I think being agnostic is a huge sacrifice and it takes courage to even admit it. I’ve given up family , friends , fantasies 🤪 and I think most importantly we all know that this life is it and ...
Posted by By Sharkymama | 15 comments | High Desert, Ca, USA | Feb 13, 2019
The first amendment contains the establishment clause, it guarantees freedom from religion
Posted by By Charliesey | 4 comments | Davie., USA | Feb 13, 2019
So tomorrow is my birthday and I have no friends or family out here to celebrate with and I'm far to broke to do anything. Any locals want to make my month by helping me have some fun? Barhoping, a ...
Posted by By BABSDAGGER | 7 comments | MI, USA | Feb 13, 2019
i snopesed this. it's true. the trouble isn't that a vile and stupid woman said something vile and stupid. the trouble is (ask gabby giffords about this if you don't believe me) that somewhere, ...
Posted by By genessa | 10 comments | A Twin City, USA | Feb 13, 2019
I had something happen Monday night that made me feel great, and I wanted to share. My youngest daughter Robin, aka Mouse, and I are very close. She's the one I posted about the other day, who's ...
Posted in Family & Parenting
Posted by By Geektheist | 22 comments | GA, USA | Feb 13, 2019
LINK Organizations to Congress: Remove "God" Clause in Witness Oath - American Humanist Association
Posted in News & Links
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 5 comments | Omaha, USA | Feb 12, 2019
With the children who have died in custody why isn't someone's head on the table?
Posted by By Marine | 10 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Feb 12, 2019
Valentine’s Special
Posted by By MissKathleen | 5 comments | Desert, USA | Feb 12, 2019
Elon Musk just asked permission to launch satellites to provide FREE world wide wifi. [physics-astronomy.org]
Posted in Academic (e.g., Science)
Posted by By Anonbene | 5 comments | USA | Feb 12, 2019
There are Three kinds of men...
Posted in Silly, Random & Fun
Posted by By snytiger6 | 4 comments | Battle Ground, WA. USA, USA | Feb 12, 2019
  • Agnostic.com is the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!