Newest Trending New Comments Trending Tags | All
Newest New Comments Last Viewed Most comments Most liked Tags All
How do you handle religious strangers in public?
Posted by By Alw314 | 22 comments | SC, USA | Dec 7, 2018
Im new to this site. I'm unsure if I'm agnostic or not.I like the concept of Shiva. Shiva meaning nothing or No-thing. The transcending of God, Gods, beyond God, before there was a God that sort of ...
Posted by By outbox | 11 comments | New Zealand | Dec 7, 2018
How can modern man believe in a God?
Posted by By CaseyBurch | 20 comments | FL, USA | Dec 6, 2018
Many atheists find it unpleasant and sometimes don't want to openly and proudly categorize themselves as atheists when asked. Some prefer to use the words humanists spiritualist non believer non ...
Posted by By Greenheart | 23 comments | Jamaica ny 11434, USA | Dec 3, 2018
The word spirituality is so connected to religion faith myth and superstition. But there r the non believers the non religious and even atheists agnostics humanists who sometimes say they r non ...
Posted by By Greenheart | 9 comments | Jamaica ny 11434, USA | Dec 3, 2018
When did you know you were an unbeliever?
Posted by By Carlyannieo | 15 comments | PA, USA | Dec 2, 2018
Dealing with religious people at work
Posted by By bunylove7 | 17 comments | Outlandishness, USA | Dec 1, 2018
ON CHILDHOOD BELIEFS....Words can be SO very powerful. They can be used in positive ways and, unfortunately, in negative ways. Just a single word can stick with you for years!. When I was a little ...
Posted by By Realist9 | 8 comments | AL, USA | Nov 26, 2018
As one who was brought up in a Christian household, and has spent his life in government jobs, is it just me, or does it seem like it's less acceptable to not believe in an omnipotent man in the sky, ...
Posted by By CyberKnight | 10 comments | FL, USA | Nov 24, 2018
Who or what was the most influential thing that brought you to who you are today?
Posted by By MikMor7one4 | 18 comments | CA, USA | Nov 21, 2018
Is the pre-meal Thanksgiving prayer a attempt by others to push their religious beliefs upon you?
Posted by By MauiMike | 8 comments | NC, USA | Nov 21, 2018
Has anyone else here read 'the golden bough' by james frazer? an immense work of anthropology with thousands of references cited about the patterns of belief and superstition seen repeated all over ...
Posted by By loudshirt | 4 comments | Sydney, Australia | Nov 19, 2018
I have a few friends who r atheists. Here is something we been talking about recently. Some expressed the view that the now new Atheists Dawkins harris dilahunty Aron ra and many others r now ...
Posted by By Greenheart | 5 comments | Jamaica ny 11434, USA | Nov 18, 2018
When did you first realize that religion made no sense?
Posted by By thyperson | 45 comments | CA, USA | Nov 18, 2018
I am new here, and having a look around. So thankful that a forum like this exists. A place to to talk, vent, ask for advice etc. from others in similar predicaments. I often wonder about those that ...
Posted by By Realist9 | 21 comments | AL, USA | Nov 17, 2018
Do you ever want to believe in the afterlife? (Post is sad.)
Posted by By JudeStephens | 11 comments | WV, USA | Nov 14, 2018
Hating a God that doesn't exist.
Posted by By paul1967 | 46 comments | Pacific Palisades, USA | Nov 14, 2018
Star Wars religious views?
Posted by By petewillia | 10 comments | OH, USA | Nov 14, 2018
I'm a huge fan of shows exposing religions and cults - especially Scientology. Even before "Going Clear" - I got interested around the time of the landmark expose "The Truth Rundown", and I followed ...
Posted by By Geektheist | 5 comments | GA, USA | Nov 13, 2018
POLL Are Churches anti-choice? Memories of a Catholic elementary school protest: By pointing out what I thought was obvious tongue in cheek satirical yet honest observation that the bible defines ...
Posted by By NoMagicCookie | 6 comments | North Dakota, USA | Nov 13, 2018
Did you have trouble accepting your lack of belief in religion when you realized you were atheist/agnostic?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 48 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Nov 12, 2018
What is the most laughable story in the Bible?
Posted by By paul1967 | 31 comments | Pacific Palisades, USA | Nov 10, 2018
POLL What's your favorite atheist youtuber/channel and why?
Posted by By celticagent | 19 comments | Northampton, USA | Nov 7, 2018
Jesus fucking Christ, isulting Islam is now a punishable offense in the EU court of human right We are fucking doomed [youtube.com]
Posted by By LenHazell53 | 12 comments | UK | Nov 6, 2018
Who is your "Go-To" atheist? I've been spending a lot of time traveling and listening to various YouTube speeches from Skepticon and so forth. I'm intrigued by Richard Carrier and Aron Ra. Anyone ...
Posted by By seaspot_run | 34 comments | Sanford, USA | Nov 2, 2018
LINK Categorizing Americans' Religious Typology Groups
Posted by By TheMiddleWay | 6 comments | CA, USA | Nov 2, 2018
LINK Atheists Are Sometimes More Religious Than Christians - The Atlantic
Posted by By TheMiddleWay | 22 comments | CA, USA | Nov 2, 2018
LINK The Final Sermon I Should Have Preached
Posted by By VictoriaNotes | 5 comments | MS Gulf Coast, USA | Nov 1, 2018
When someone says" well it was ment to be" or it was gods will. What is your reply?
Posted by By Maggiemay | 86 comments | OR, USA | Oct 30, 2018
Religions vs Cult
Posted by By paul1967 | 46 comments | Pacific Palisades, USA | Oct 30, 2018
How did you you come out as a skeptic if you had a religious family?
Posted by By Trk725 | 30 comments | IL, USA | Oct 29, 2018
At times Im conflicted as to religious people are more unintelligent or just more easily make to believe whatever they are told to believe. I know that there is a little of both there but which one do...
Posted by By Minos | 6 comments | Albuquerque, USA | Oct 28, 2018
So tell me, what does it mean to be an Existentialist?
Posted by By RealHuman | 23 comments | Newt Gingrich, USA | Oct 26, 2018
What is the true purpose of religion?
Posted by By skado | 73 comments | AL, USA | Oct 26, 2018
What made some of you change your mind about religion? Ie, become a freethinker
Posted by By AnthonyHolland | 22 comments | LA, USA | Oct 25, 2018
God’s Intelligent Design?
Posted by By johnprytz | 51 comments | Australia | Oct 25, 2018
A thought crossed my mind and I'd like the input/opinions of others on it. Are the Theists/Religious, etc, envious/jealous of we, Atheists/Agnostics, simply because we are not bound ...
Posted by By Triphid | 47 comments | Broken Hill, Australia | Oct 24, 2018
Okay everyone, this is a heavy topic I have asked about before but has anyone here had any first hand experience with destructive religious cults?
Posted by By Ted6428 | 10 comments | NM, USA | Oct 24, 2018
Atheists - Less Vices
Posted by By WarmFluffy | 33 comments | AL, USA | Oct 23, 2018
Religious parents?
Posted by By Philosoraptor | 18 comments | Santa Clara, USA | Oct 23, 2018
POLL When you're the only atheist at work
Posted by By JurassicT4 | 68 comments | NY, USA | Oct 22, 2018
So good people of the universe, how do you all handle the assumption from Christians that you believe in Jesus? I meet alot of people in my profession that assume I believe in Jesus and I find it a ...
Posted by By Capricorn | 84 comments | OH, USA | Oct 22, 2018
LINK Religious Trauma Syndrome: How some organized religion leads to mental health problems
Posted by By zblaze | 13 comments | OR, USA | Oct 21, 2018
I'm sure this question must have been asked here before. When did you realise that there are no gods? For me, it was the early summer of 76. In England, Religious Education was compulsory by law, ...
Posted by By Sofabeast | 14 comments | UK | Oct 21, 2018
I guess I’m trying to find a common thread with people on here that’s not necessarily faith based. I identify as atheist, humanist and a free thinker but it certainly doesn’t define me. I ...
Posted by By Julesjah | 43 comments | Australia | Oct 21, 2018
What was the final straw that made you finally leave your faith?
Posted by By AtheistMama74 | 19 comments | Austin, USA | Oct 20, 2018
This was a letter to the editor in our local Syracuse, NY newspaper. To the Editor: I'm glad you used the word "prayer" in your report on the Christian Brothers Academy student who was stricken ...
Posted by By ADKSparky | 14 comments | NY, USA | Oct 20, 2018
Spiritual but not Religious, WHATS THAT
Posted by By k80b619 | 48 comments | FL, USA | Oct 20, 2018
The World's Newest Major Religion: No Religion As secularism grows, atheists and agnostics are trying to expand and diversify their ranks. More people than ever before are identifying as atheist, ...
Posted by By CaroleKay | 19 comments | Los Angeles, USA | Oct 20, 2018
Regarding God's Ten Commandments The Ten Commandments, unlike most laws generated by most legal systems and processes therein, are authoritarian (as in dictated by a dictator in a dictatorship), ...
Posted by By johnprytz | 18 comments | Australia | Oct 18, 2018
What Can Science Say About God's Scientific Literacy? Since the Bible is alleged to be God's holy word, then events in the Bible reflect God's doings and of course His holy word. If some of those ...
Posted by By johnprytz | 10 comments | Australia | Oct 17, 2018
From Stephen Hawking's final book, Brief Answers to the Big Questions: "We are each free to believe what we want, and it's my view that the simplest explanation is that there is no God. No one ...
Posted by By GarytheGondolier | 5 comments | CA, USA | Oct 17, 2018
Arguments and debates
Posted by By ATbeaver | 38 comments | ID, USA | Oct 14, 2018
The future of religion
Posted by By Philosoraptor | 26 comments | Santa Clara, USA | Oct 12, 2018
Can someone be both an atheist and spiritual?
Posted by By Oldcurmudgeon | 28 comments | OH, USA | Oct 12, 2018
Can I talk about my feelings for a bit?
Posted by By imahermit | 90 comments | Nowheresville USA, USA | Oct 11, 2018
You Know God Exists (Nudge-Nudge, Wink-Wink) Within the scope of people who claim that God exists, you usually get metaphysical arguments that 'prove' that existence. Arguments like how there must ...
Posted by By johnprytz | 20 comments | Australia | Oct 11, 2018
What is "Compartmentalization" with regard to religion?
Posted by By Matias | 30 comments | Germany | Oct 11, 2018
American Christians Are Special? Really? According to American Christians, well the ultra-Religious Right fundamentalist variety anyway, American Christians are special and entitled – ditto ...
Posted by By johnprytz | 11 comments | Australia | Oct 10, 2018
What are some of the most/least religious countries or places you've visited? Would you not want to visit a place because of the reported level of religiosity?
Posted by By SoundMind | 13 comments | VA, USA | Oct 9, 2018
What is your Definition of:
Posted by By paul1967 | 39 comments | Pacific Palisades, USA | Oct 9, 2018
Did the Bible make you an Atheist?
Posted by By tdtallent77 | 92 comments | KS, USA | Oct 9, 2018
Why do otherwise rational people believe in GOD?
Posted by By Niteflyr | 36 comments | TX, USA | Oct 8, 2018
Spirituality: Same nonsense by another name?
Posted by By The-Krzyz | 36 comments | South San Gabriel, USA | Oct 8, 2018
Why do you think the religious right are so intent on forcing their agendas on others???
Posted by By Uniquito | 72 comments | CA, USA | Oct 8, 2018
How old/young were you when you realized you were atheist/agnostic?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 104 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Oct 8, 2018
Why is it that the fraudulent Church of Scientology still exists?
Posted by By Marine | 54 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Oct 7, 2018
POLL Take me to church?
Posted by By Look4AJourney | 54 comments | MN, USA | Oct 7, 2018
POLL Going for a loved one
Posted by By anonymous | 25 comments | Nowhere really, USA | Oct 7, 2018
Is anyone else tired of the philosophical crap about the existence of a theistic God? There is evidence it doesn't exist. If something is contradictory with regards to it's existence then it cannot ...
Posted by By DasReich1969 | 14 comments | Poland | Oct 7, 2018
For those raised in religious homes, how did you explain to your religious parent/s that you no longer subscribe to their beliefs? Did you explain? My dad raised me and my siblings in the Christian ...
Posted by By LannaBull80 | 13 comments | WA, USA | Oct 6, 2018
All former theists in this group, now that you have slipped the surly bonds of religion, what is your focus going forward? How do you interact with those in your inner circles who still believe? Do ...
Posted by By Greenheart | 16 comments | Jamaica ny 11434, USA | Oct 5, 2018
Question. Do you think that Organised Religion/s have a place in Society as it is now, given that society is advancing its knowledge, etc, exponentially towards a greater understanding and ...
Posted by By Triphid | 37 comments | Broken Hill, Australia | Oct 4, 2018
That spiritual feeling. I am not quite sure why so many people have that deeply spiritual feeling of connection or oneness, or part of something greater that we don’t...
Posted by By RichieO | 41 comments | Co. Clare Ireland, Ireland | Oct 4, 2018
Do you think that perhaps Religion/Religious Beliefs and Doctrines have and still are ONE of the main causes of the divisivenesses plaguing Human kind?
Posted by By Triphid | 44 comments | Broken Hill, Australia | Oct 4, 2018
New age beliefs common with relgious/non religious americans [pewresearch.org]
Posted by By weeman | 9 comments | UK | Oct 3, 2018
Doubt vs gullibilty
Posted by By GodlessWahid666 | 33 comments | UK | Oct 3, 2018
How annoyed do you get when a religious person give all credit to god, despite it was you that may have put in the hard work?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 78 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Oct 1, 2018
So I told my mom this past weekend that I am Agnostic. I didn't expect her to be upset, disappointed, or angry. However, I never expected the response I got from her. She stated that she is agnostic ...
Posted by By yogafan108 | 23 comments | NV, USA | Oct 1, 2018
Do you think it is necessary to try to change people’s perspective about their beliefs or just get on with you own life and respond from your own position when you engage with other people
Posted by By Geoffrey51 | 54 comments | Australia | Sep 30, 2018
Have you ever gone out with a true believer , you hit it off. Then out of nowhere they call you the devil and block you and never talk to you again ? Yeah it's happened to me more then once.
Posted by By respawnking2000 | 9 comments | CA, USA | Sep 30, 2018
What are your favorite proofs against the Bible?
Posted by By Wurlitzer | 45 comments | Hobbit Hills Of NE, USA | Sep 30, 2018
Well, fellow atheists, this something cool! [egypttoday.com]
Posted by By beerhungry | 4 comments | UK | Sep 30, 2018
POLL What would you expect?
Posted by By Antifred | 18 comments | TX, USA | Sep 30, 2018
POLL Do atheists, who find no magic in the world, live drab, boring lives, by comparison?
Posted by By CallMeDave | 77 comments | Smith Mountain Lake, USA | Sep 29, 2018
Does anyone truly "believe"?
Posted by By Bunnista | 76 comments | MN, USA | Sep 28, 2018
What made u non religious??seeing hypocrisy??or questioning ??
Posted by By CjMartinez | 26 comments | CO, USA | Sep 28, 2018
Watchtower
Posted by By Happyheretic | 18 comments | Castleisland, Ireland | Sep 28, 2018
Science of light and the darkness of ignorance
Posted by By belfodil | 8 comments | Algeria | Sep 28, 2018
So I grew up in a rather religious Muslim family and I remember my family being pretty superstitious about certain things and had some strange beliefs. Even as a child I used to question religion and...
Posted by By Andromeda32 | 39 comments | Chicago, USA | Sep 27, 2018
The world would have been better off without religion. 1) All the money spent on churches and priests could have been used on building houses for people and improve their lives instead of paying for ...
Posted by By Stig | 30 comments | WA, USA | Sep 27, 2018
So what do you say to someone when they say: God Bless
Posted by By CMan | 39 comments | NV, USA | Sep 27, 2018
Believe in karma?
Posted by By Vignesh | 21 comments | Canada | Sep 26, 2018
Just found out my only "non-religious" friend believes in reincarnation, even to the extent that she thinks she has been reincarnated. I am still shocked. How do you respond to that? Think I would ...
Posted by By Georgia323 | 58 comments | TN, USA | Sep 26, 2018
POLL Is it child abuse or child neglect to take a child under 18 to a religious establishment and live the kid with a member of the clergy without constant parental supervision?
Posted by By zesty | 33 comments | FL, USA | Sep 25, 2018
From my experience there are large numbers of people that will not come out and call themselves an atheist or agnostic, however, upon hearing their religious philosophy I would say that is exactly ...
Posted by By Kojaksmom | 54 comments | Blue Dot In Red State, USA | Sep 25, 2018
Are you an example for people around you?
Posted by By CallMeDave | 62 comments | Smith Mountain Lake, USA | Sep 25, 2018
What is something that you were told by a religious figure that made you mad? Bit of backstory before we get to the part that pisses me off. I was forced to go to church every Sunday. Even when I was ...
Posted by By TheGreatShadow | 35 comments | The Land Of Black Horizons, USA | Sep 25, 2018
What do you say to people who say you can’t have morals without god?
Posted by By Danielvon | 37 comments | Australia | Sep 25, 2018
The one thing we all have in common is that we don't buy into organized religion, however, is there something that you DO believe in or something you practice? (I believe and practice Feng Shui)
Posted by By Redcupcoffee | 116 comments | Detroit, USA | Sep 23, 2018