Note: some topics only show up in specific categories (select a category to include them)
All Topics
At the age of 33, I am trying to come to grips with the possibility that I may be alone for the rest of my existence. Yes, I have my kids, but they will soon grow older and want to live their own ...
Posted by By DanielCrawford | 31 comments | OH, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Do people take "Here for community" seriously? Do people even look in profiles to see what the person is looking for or not looking for? I get the impression that a lot of members think this is ...
Posted by By graceylou | 84 comments | Canada | Aug 28, 2018
Made a group recently for any WNYer's ( "Western New Yorkers Group" ). Are there any out there?
Posted by By MyLiege | 4 comments | FL, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Has anyone here a National Park Ranger or has worked with the National Park Service? I would like to get your experiences, opinions and advice about being a Ranger. How did you become a Ranger? ...
Posted by By RandyMoose | 6 comments | San Angelo, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Troubles because of freethinking and views expression?
Posted by By Michael84 | 11 comments | UK | Aug 28, 2018
Employment
Posted by By Cbabcoco | 37 comments | VA, USA | Aug 28, 2018
LINK Your Phone Is Listening and it's Not Paranoia - VICE
Posted by By balou | 14 comments | Houston, USA | Aug 28, 2018
I Fear The Day Technology Will Surpass Our Human Interaction. The World Will Have a Generation of Idiots. -Albert Einstein
Posted by By sassygirl3869 | 18 comments | Nassau, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Question of the day...would you rather watch a parade, or be IN a parade?
Posted by By SonOfABeachII | 37 comments | NE, USA | Aug 28, 2018
LINK ‘No One Is Ever Really Ready’ Death with Dignity
Posted by By JackPedigo | 12 comments | Lopez Island, Washington, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Do you find nudity in art unacceptable and why or why not?
Posted by By Marine | 57 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Aug 28, 2018
LINK A neuroscientist explains what tech does to the reading brain - The Verge
Posted by By Ubergooroo | 5 comments | LA, USA | Aug 28, 2018
For those of you who came from deeply ingrained religious beliefs, how did you shift your beliefs about the purpose of life and your personal value and other such issues?
Posted by By Meili | 17 comments | UT, USA | Aug 28, 2018
What Is Intimacy?
Posted by By AMGT | 28 comments | CA, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Anyone have advice on how to come out ofthe atheist closet? I've been skeptical of the religion I was brought up in for a while and abandoned it a couple years ago. My mom has been Christian her whole...
Posted by By jlwebster9 | 38 comments | OK, USA | Aug 28, 2018
Have you ever been so happy from a weight loss journey, you’ve actually cried ?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 26 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Aug 27, 2018
LINK Misogyny hate crime: new research reveals true scale of issue – and how the public are united against it
Posted by By zblaze | 7 comments | OR, USA | Aug 27, 2018
LINK CHURCH & STATE | The Kavanaugh Nomination: How Screwed Are We? - TheHumanist.com
Posted by By zblaze | 9 comments | OR, USA | Aug 27, 2018
I hope you can read this, John McCain's last words from his last book. Very well written, very good read.
Posted by By HippieChick58 | 12 comments | Omaha, USA | Aug 27, 2018
Anyone else struggle with loving and respecting religious parents while maintaining your own non-religious identity? My parents are Lutheran and attend church regularly. They live far away so when I ...
Posted by By ErikaG | 30 comments | MN, USA | Aug 27, 2018
I've been with my current partner for nearly 6 years. It's been mostly wonderful. Lately, it's been bad. His communication skills have disappeared along with his ability to listen. He just ...
Posted by By Donotbelieve | 103 comments | Notyourbusiness, USA | Aug 27, 2018
What do the words "mindfulness," "awareness," and "presence" mean to you?
Posted by By bleurowz | 37 comments | Edison, USA | Aug 27, 2018
How do religions really develop? They are not something that is spontaneous they must be created.
Posted by By Marine | 20 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Aug 27, 2018
What/ where is your happy place? What things can you think of to turn your mood around?
Posted by By CommonHuman | 50 comments | CO, USA | Aug 27, 2018
LINK Wisdom from the dark ages of 1998 for the internet era
Posted by By JackPedigo | 10 comments | Lopez Island, Washington, USA | Aug 27, 2018
What damage has social media caused to the individual?
Posted by By Marine | 25 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Aug 27, 2018
So I want to start a secular meet-up for Sunday mornings. Problem is, I only know a couple of non-belivers, I live in a mostly religious town and I’m terribly anxious about starting such a group. ...
Posted by By RandyMoose | 22 comments | San Angelo, USA | Aug 27, 2018
LINK What is a brown tide? Scientists fear florida red tide could merge with new outbreak to create super bloom
Posted by By BookDeath | 6 comments | Abingdon, USA | Aug 27, 2018
Philosophy
Posted by By TheDrabbuh | 27 comments | AL, USA | Aug 27, 2018
Hello, new to here, looking for friends and more. As well as intellectual discussions.
Posted by By freethinker69 | 10 comments | WI, USA | Aug 27, 2018
📊 Mathematician 💻 Human computer 📚 Author of scientific papers Today, we celebrate the 100th birthday of Katherine Johnson, a trailblazer who calculated trajectories BY HAND that ...
Posted by By balou | 12 comments | Houston, USA | Aug 26, 2018
A friend from my bi-weekly atheist ladies Sunday brunch passed away this morning. She found out she was stage 4 liver cancer about five weeks ago. She decided against fighting and decided upon ...
Posted by By LilAtheistLady | 27 comments | Albuquerque, USA | Aug 26, 2018
Most of my favorite scientists:
Posted by By TheAstroChuck | 18 comments | NY, USA | Aug 26, 2018
Median Age of This Website?
Posted by By Krish55 | 39 comments | FL, USA | Aug 26, 2018
I'm slowly beginning to learn the difference between solitude and loneliness. Being an extrovert, a lot of my life has been keyed to other people, and particularly when I was younger, being alone for ...
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 20 comments | WV, USA | Aug 26, 2018
Happy Birthday! @Charles1971 Cumming, Georgia Here August 26 @NonBelieber11 Stillwater, Oklahoma Here August 26 @Wavefunction Dallas, Texas Here August 26 @jenandjuice1111 ...
Posted by By Paul628 | 4 comments | Somewhere In, USA | Aug 26, 2018
What made you smile today?
Posted by By helionoftroy | 51 comments | SC, USA | Aug 26, 2018
Which are your favourite cities/towns to visit? Which are your least favourite? What cities/towns do you want to visit? Which would you recommend for travel and why? My favourite cities are New ...
Posted by By graceylou | 38 comments | Canada | Aug 26, 2018
It is amazing how few people acknowledge the fact that religion has muzzled women all over the world for centuries and continues to this day?
Posted by By Marine | 9 comments | HARTFORD, USA | Aug 26, 2018
Happy Sunday! Any great plans for the day? Myself, it's a full day of yard work on tap. Mowing, weed eating deadheading the echinacea, turning the compost pile and picking tomatoes. Of ...
Posted by By ronin73 | 7 comments | Eastern, USA | Aug 26, 2018
Sunday activities. What does your 'normal' Sunday look like? Mine...spending way too much time posting in here to postpone household chores to the point of it becoming an "emergency" to get ...
Posted by By Crimson67 | 32 comments | Kentucky, USA | Aug 26, 2018
To hug or not to hug
Posted by By Crimson67 | 72 comments | Kentucky, USA | Aug 26, 2018
What is something positive that came out of your divorce or separation? I'm at that point when I need to think about these things. Here's one I noticed right off... My house stays a lot cleaner ...
Posted by By SukiSue | 56 comments | Small Town, USA | Aug 26, 2018
What's one thing you like and dislike about agnostic.com
Posted by By helionoftroy | 13 comments | SC, USA | Aug 26, 2018
Masturbation Yeah...that got your attention didn't it? :-D It is Sunday and I'm procrastinating mowing the grass so... How often do you do it? Do you set the "mood" or just take care of ...
Posted by By Crimson67 | 48 comments | Kentucky, USA | Aug 26, 2018
McDonald's or Burger King? Pepsi or Coke? These are two things which are very similar, yet everyone has a preference. Throughout my life, I've tried both and personally, I like McDonald's over ...
Posted by By sellinger | 34 comments | NY, USA | Aug 26, 2018
Would you or wouldn't you?
Posted by By Crimson67 | 40 comments | Kentucky, USA | Aug 26, 2018
Caps (typing not hats)
Posted by By Crimson67 | 28 comments | Kentucky, USA | Aug 26, 2018
I want you! To join my new group: DIY tips and accomplishments I’m an electrician by trade hopefully get some other skills and share some knowledge!
Posted by By Howitstarts23 | 6 comments | IN, USA | Aug 26, 2018
You know what I love? I love it when somebody says something to you that can change how you see yourself. Sometimes it is a stranger, sometimes a friend, or even a post or video you see online. So if ...
Posted by By Tamresa | 15 comments | CO, USA | Aug 26, 2018
LINK What Is The Connection Between Sleep And Loneliness? New Research Reveals How One Affects The Other
Posted by By OlderWiser | 11 comments | CA, USA | Aug 26, 2018
Has any Republican summed up Trump better than McCain did?
Posted by By Paul4747 | 24 comments | Adrian, USA | Aug 26, 2018
LINK I've more often moaned than praised the political works of senator McCain, however I've long respected his service to our country, and his ability to change his mind when he's wrong, and openly admit ...
Posted by By Tampabrew | 7 comments | FL, USA | Aug 25, 2018
I just found out John McCain has died. While I didn't agree with him politically, I never forgot the time that he defended Obama during his running against him. I feel very sad as I watch the news ...
Posted by By LilAtheistLady | 12 comments | Albuquerque, USA | Aug 25, 2018
Cultural "Decay"
Posted by By ThomasStone | 19 comments | Canada | Aug 25, 2018
How would you handle unsolicited touching?
Posted by By anonymous | 146 comments | Nowhere really, USA | Aug 25, 2018
Atheism is a religion like…?
Posted by By resserts | 36 comments | NY, USA | Aug 25, 2018
I wonder how many people here were born Atheist/Agnostic or were perhaps brought up religiously then for some reason decided to no longer believe in God. I was brought up a Jehovah's Witness until I ...
Posted by By rogshar | 34 comments | Esher, UK | Aug 25, 2018
Are we all basically selfish apes?
Posted by By Matias | 39 comments | Germany | Aug 25, 2018
POLL What kind of driver are you? This morning on my way to the dock I was passed by an impatient driver who subsequently followed the next car all too close while simultaneously hitting the breaks all ...
Posted by By Akfishlady | 43 comments | Grays Harbor County, USA | Aug 25, 2018
LINK Satanic Temple Protests Ten Commandments Monument With Goat-Headed Statue : NPR
Posted by By zblaze | 8 comments | OR, USA | Aug 25, 2018
LINK Buddhism, the Good and the Bad - Scientific American Blog Network
Posted by By zblaze | 15 comments | OR, USA | Aug 25, 2018
Do you like the beginnings or they scare you?
Posted by By Sensiwoman7 | 24 comments | Romania | Aug 25, 2018
LINK There is no such thing as being ready for love | The Outline
Posted by By tnorman1236 | 8 comments | WV, USA | Aug 25, 2018
I have created a group for parents with teenagers. I was thinking about creating this group after posting about my teens adventures into taking out the trash.
Posted by By helionoftroy | 5 comments | SC, USA | Aug 25, 2018
I’m thinking about dumping Netflix. I haven’t really watched anything for the last few weeks and nothing seems to hold my attention. Why is this such a major decision? What makes me so hesitant to...
Posted by By Hermit | 24 comments | Fort Worth, USA | Aug 25, 2018
How does this Joseph Campbell quote tie in with your atheism/agnosticism? Or not?
Posted by By bleurowz | 14 comments | Edison, USA | Aug 25, 2018
So what's on the Saturday agenda boys and girls? For myself - morning laundry and house cleaning, followed by gym and grocery shopping, finishing the day off with a gathering at one of my ...
Posted by By ronin73 | 28 comments | Eastern, USA | Aug 25, 2018
Finding love on Agnostic, update. So I get it. I don't think people end up on this site without a healthy sense of skepticism. I've not updated or posted (bragged?) about finding love because I ...
Posted by By Fearlessfreep | 61 comments | KS, USA | Aug 25, 2018
I've been considering volunteering as an Atheist chaplain at my local hospital. I can get formal documents from the First Church of Atheism: [firstchurchofatheism.com] Any comments or ...
Posted by By ldheinz | 10 comments | Concord, NC, USA | Aug 25, 2018
Grandchildren
Posted by By Crimson67 | 54 comments | Kentucky, USA | Aug 25, 2018
Safely considering racially based secular profiling
Posted by By anonymous | 12 comments | Nowhere really, USA | Aug 25, 2018
LINK Secular Programming Supports America’s Inmates - TheHumanist.com
Posted by By zblaze | 6 comments | OR, USA | Aug 24, 2018
Happy Birthday! @chalupacabre Camas, Washington Here August 24 @confidentrealm Katy, Texas Here August 24 @MarkusCB Pasco, Washington Here August 4 @LillyMaeve77 ...
Posted by By Paul628 | 4 comments | Somewhere In, USA | Aug 24, 2018
What is it that you would prefer to be doing tonight?
Posted by By AmiSue | 81 comments | Fairfield County, USA | Aug 24, 2018
My tiny group for disney is formed and now that I figured out how to do the chat room, we are good. :) Just need lovers of all things Disney now! [agnostic.com]
Posted by By Velvetnsatin | 6 comments | Sacramento, USA | Aug 24, 2018
We learn our lessons the hard way
Posted by By helionoftroy | 16 comments | SC, USA | Aug 24, 2018
A perfect moment caught
Posted by By AMGT | 38 comments | CA, USA | Aug 24, 2018
LINK Some Of The Oldest Ice In The Arctic Is Now Breaking Apart : NPR
Posted by By Akfishlady | 18 comments | Grays Harbor County, USA | Aug 24, 2018
LINK Atheists Donate National Motto Displays to Arkansas Schools | American Atheists
Posted by By Crimson67 | 12 comments | Kentucky, USA | Aug 24, 2018
Just a few things that have been on my mind 1. I think it is just fine for a parent to take their children out on dates. In our increasingly busy lives, taking time to put down the cell phone and ...
Posted by By Tamresa | 25 comments | CO, USA | Aug 24, 2018
LINK The true costs of the War in Afghanistan
Posted by By SkotlandSkye | 11 comments | Happy Land, West By Midwest, USA | Aug 24, 2018
What music could you...?
Posted by By BoingoOingo42 | 57 comments | NM, USA | Aug 24, 2018
Tell me a heartwarming story, I could use some kindness and cheering up today.
Posted by By bleurowz | 18 comments | Edison, USA | Aug 24, 2018
Are you heartache proof? Did you ever think you would be?
Posted by By CallMeDave | 44 comments | Smith Mountain Lake, USA | Aug 24, 2018
LINK Woman’s blasphemy conviction in Indonesia sparks backlash, intensifies concerns - The Washington Post
Posted by By BookDeath | 12 comments | Abingdon, USA | Aug 24, 2018
Is there such a thing as "cultural identity"?
Posted by By Matias | 14 comments | Germany | Aug 24, 2018
LINK As the Christian Church Crumbles, is Humanism Ready to Step Up? - TheHumanist.com
Posted by By zblaze | 15 comments | OR, USA | Aug 23, 2018
Have you ever been the athletic type or super good at sports?
Posted by By EmeraldJewel | 88 comments | Sallisaw, USA | Aug 23, 2018
POLL Women (unless you guys have real input), have you ever colored your hair blond? Do you still? What are your reasons? I was blond until high school, then dishwater brown, then as a statement I would ...
Posted by By Akfishlady | 56 comments | Grays Harbor County, USA | Aug 23, 2018
Hey there. I thought I'd send out a post of praise. I very much appreciate the feedback I've been getting from my comments and all. I'm new to any social site. I've been against the whole idea until I...
Posted by By hardball | 14 comments | Fontana, USA | Aug 23, 2018
I'm probably being nitpicky when I ask this, but how come people who say that they "live for their child(ren) ", they don't get as much flack as someone who lives for love or being in a relationship ...
Posted by By Stepmomofdragons | 18 comments | FL, USA | Aug 23, 2018
What obsessions or similar activities have you given up for the better, because they're no longer of use for you?
Posted by By bleurowz | 21 comments | Edison, USA | Aug 23, 2018
Good stuff.. [businessinsider.com]
Posted by By AMGT | 16 comments | CA, USA | Aug 23, 2018
LINK Creationists and conspiracy theorists share the same cognitive error, study finds | MNN - Mother Nature Network
Posted by By Mark013 | 8 comments | Waupun, USA | Aug 23, 2018
Craziest religious thing you’ve ever done?? As a teen, I held the arm of my friend while her aunt (prominent in the church) performed a spur of the moment exorcism on her. We knew she was ...
Posted by By BeccaVa | 30 comments | VA, USA | Aug 23, 2018
"It's not what I say, it's what the Bible says."
Posted by By raines | 27 comments | OR, USA | Aug 23, 2018
Finally, you can get Agnostic.com (and just "Agnostic") T-shirts from our online store at [shop.agnostic.com] The shirts come in lots of colors (including red, blue, gray, pink, etc) and sizes ...
Posted by By Admin | 21 comments | On Agnostic.com | Aug 23, 2018
HELL EXPLAINED BY A CHEMISTRY STUDENT The following is an actual question given on a University of Arizona chemistry midterm, and an actual answer turned in by a student. The answer by one ...
Posted by By Tecolote | 34 comments | Somewhere in the Middle of, USA | Aug 23, 2018