Agnostic.com

6 2

Do you support the NFL players who kneel during the anthem?

There is a lot of hate, generally among conservatives, around this issue.

I think almost any sort of peaceful protest is better than a violent one, even if it goes against everything I believe. For instance, if neo Nazis want to stage a peaceful protest, with non hate rhetoric, I am all for that even though I, personally, despise their message.

Thoughts?

Chrisbiologist 6 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As far as football, it came in and out quicker than the season. I was especially astonished when the coaching staff on all teams became militarized. It's all good now though? Quelled like the deep state wanted it. The only real patriots now practicing this movement are in Europe it seems.

Yes, I do not have the right to judge or insist that someone cease or modify their actions if they are not violating any law. It is none of my business what they do.

Most certainly. I don't recite the pledge of allegiance at all any more, either. This nation is not under any god. We don't have to believe any such thing. We are as divided as we have ever been, and liberty and justice for all does not exist.

I avoid the pledge when I can. I have to go to a lot of meetings where it is said. I try to arrive late or I pause on the words under god.

I kneel, and put my hand on my heart. In memory of all unarmed people who have been gunned down by police officers, or who will be in the future.

I agree. The First Amendment guarantees the right to peaceably assemble.

lerlo Level 8 Dec 23, 2017

Yes, as it is a form of protest and free speech, protected by the First Amendment. The act of kneeling is not a slight against the Flag or the US military, but to bring to the forefront the problem of racial institutional bias in our nation. I believe that the protesters are as patriotic as those who wave the flag.

AS far as the Neo-Nazis are concerned, to quote Voltaire, “I wholly disagree with what you say and will contend to the death for your right to say it.”

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10052
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.