Agnostic.com

13 0

What are the best things to do on Xmas eve and Xmas?

...that have some element of the holidays but aren't religious?

I've gone to the local Unitarian Church which is OK but not great. Any other suggestions?

Snowberry 3 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I say, there needs, for those immune to dogma, (including Unitarian Church)
to be way to identify a category for some of us..

If forced to chose one word, I think, many of us could call ourselves
"Freeethinkers."

We are going to watch "Game of Thrones". We also will bake and drink egg nothing too.

Sleep Xmas eve, work Xmas..

Feast w/ friends and family, burn the Yule log, all night cuddle fun with loved one/ones!

If you’ve got a significant other, then the attempt to create future members of the human race.

I'm not rich - but I'm ok. I'm going to lurk outside Walmart, and hand out a few ten dollar bills - just because. I was invited to a late Xmas eve dinner - but I really prefer not to eat late. So maybe.

Christmas day - depends on my mood - I might socialize, OR I might paint my bathroom ! Ha

Hard to advise - follow your heart. Indulge yourself !

Im initiating a winter scavenger hunt for the children in my family. We also have a potluck dinner and exchange gifts meant for humor. We draw names to see who gets the old fruitcake loaf. All on the 24th. On the 25th, we feast, watch movies, watch fireworks and exchange gifts.
Pinterest hae some great ideas and Meetup is a good site to meet people too.

Chinese food and movies.

Personally, I'm using the time off work to restore a classic car. I recommend indulging yourself in your hobbies. whatever you end up doing I hope you enjoy yourself!

Dav87 Level 6 Dec 23, 2017

Using the Net to look for fun, meaningful activities, get togethers in your geographic area. Look on Facebook for instance for "events" on your feed. Get out and volunteer. There are myriads of agencies, individuals that appreciate help, even just being there this time of year.
Haul on out and walk the neighborhood; enjoy the public displays for the holiday... Drink some nothing (if you can spare the killer cal.s!) w/ or w/o Rum. Get out your phone book, listing of friends and make the effort to contact them... we all need to feel important, and this time of year (along w/ New Years), the cooler weather, diminished daytime in the N. hemisphere... can/does conspire to get one down. Make the better choices to improve your outlook and help others to do the same.

Well, I am planning to fix few things in my apartment.

Be with friends or family. Just don't call it Xmas.

Hand out sandwiches to homeless street people.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10080
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.