Agnostic.com

3 0

Does anyone else find it interesting that the Bible has a detailed (though nonsensical) story to explain why humans have so many languages but has nothing to explain the different skin colors? The bible attributes
much of the world's conflict to misunderstandings as a result of this but makes no mention of conflicts based on race. This is especially interesting since the Bible has been used as a justification for
slavvery, prejudices and many other crimes against other races. Thoughts?

11Novelist 5 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many religions attribute differences in skin color to the curse Noah put on one of his sons free seeing him naked after he (Noah) was passed out drunk.

Having grown up Mormon myself, the Mormon church attributes skin colors and racial differences as a result of various curses and blessings god has put on different people, and they use this ideology as a justification to discourage inter racial marriages... especially between blacks and white people.

I was unaware of my mother's sister Barbara until i was 16, because she married a man who was one fourth black.

When I was in high school, it happened a lto of my friends were Asian. My Mormon parents were concerned enough to take me aside to make it clear to me that inter racial marriage was "not a part of god's plan". This was before I had even started dating.

As far as the specific story in the Bible about why there are so many languages... The tower in Babel (known to us as Babylon) was finished after construction had stopped for over 200 years. So, the story is completely made up, and contradicts actual historical records and archeology. (whoopsie).

I see the Bible as constructed and used to control large numbers of people through fear, blame, and then a scapegoat for each persons "less than moral" acts. The problem is that a large group of people that are only fed information from one main source are blind and can be told and easily convinced to commit crimes against fellow humans, slavery, commit genocide, shame people with alternative lifestyles, start wars and they actually think THEY are doing Gods work.

because its a pile of shit talking about where it originated when those people thought the world was flat.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10103
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.