Agnostic.com

3 3

What are your opinions on Dan Brown's books? I have started a collection and I really enjoy his work.

PeacefulChaos 5 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I kind of consider Dan Brown to be an author for non-readers. Now, I don't mean anything bad by that. Just, there's a reason that millions of people who hadn't picked up a book in years suddenly went crazy for The Da Vinci Code. Dan Brown writes in a very simple (for lack of a better term - the average person doesn't need to work too hard at all to grasp the idea) and heavily visual fashion. His books are some of the most readily turned into movies because they're basically written in a readily-envisioned form to start with, while also being for adults and thus dodging the more common YA shtick and all. In a way, this has allowed him to do what most fiction authors dream of but few ever do, and appeal to readers and non-readers alike. Of course, snobs will turn their noses up at him, as can pretty much always be counted on to happen, but for my part I'm pretty impressed that he pulled it off. I own all his books, but have a few to catch up on and finish reading. He's not my favorite, but he's pretty darn good, and his descriptive work is something I can only hope to match someday.

I like them. He does a great job describing real locations in a way that makes you feel like you're really there, and the plots are well thought out, intense, rich with unique characters and their motivations, and realistic enough to make you think that the more unbelievable things aren't completely impossible.

I like your description. Well stated!

Angels & Demons still my fav of all time

lerlo Level 8 Dec 23, 2017

Im reading The Lost Symbol. Im out of order but its a good read. I still need to read Inferno and Origin. Please no spoilers if you can help it ????

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10119
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.