Agnostic.com

5 0

I always have one question for Christians with all due respect if Cain kill Abel and he found a wife what did she come from, talking snake, the whole world flooded in 40 days, put all of those animals on a small boat, Stone prostitutes to death, there's so many things that are so stupid in the Bible it's ridiculous it all sounds like a fairytale. Which I'm sure some of it might be true, but most of it not. I'm so proud then I'm only site that people can understand me, and hopefully will not criticize me! I'll soon be 52 years old when I was younger raise the Baptist was saved join the church of course I quit going. In my forties I started to think outside the box, I got to thinking religion brainwashes you. If you think about it it's all a cult. Who knows aliens could have created us you never know, the reason I am part skeptic I believe everything has to have a creator of some kind the Big Bang if it happened but you probably did something had make it blow up

JamesKelly 3 Dec 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Cain and Abel story like virtually all the stories in Genesis are allegorical. They all had a purpose though. For the most part every story in the bible was written to deliver a message, even the ones that were based on actual events. Historical accuracy was never high on the authors priority list. Literal interpretation of the bible is a fairly modern idea. Origen of Alexandrea in the 2nd century discovered that there never was a city named Cana,(so no wedding) for example.

Why even question biblical texts? Magical thinking is all that this is about and you are arguing with people who like talking snakes. Instead, I would ask what is the lesson there in and deal with that reality. Just be kind and gentle in the process and remember, we lead by example.

Why are you asking questions for christians on an agnostic site? Seems counter-intuitive to me.

Didn't mean to thought I was on Facebook I'm new to the Facebook and internet you'll have to bear with me

Here's another bit of trivia: I am an amateur orchardist. As such I have learned Apples did not exist until the last several hundred years. They came from a rose type plant in Kazakhstan. There was no apple in the supposed garden. What was most probably the fruit was a Pomegranate. Not so easy to eat out of hand.

Wow something I'm proud to know. I just don't like it when they keep on and on about crap in the Bible it's hard to believe sounds like a fairytale

I think the key to understanding all religious scripture (which most Christians miss) is that it never actually describes God. Scriptures only describe the relationship people have had with God based on their own understanding. If they were Warriors then God was a Warrior etc.

Unfortunately, Religionists miss a lot of things abut their own beliefs. It is not about believing or disbelieving something but Wanting to believe something especially if it serves their own wants.

that's what I say look at the children born with both sex parts look at the children dying from cancer that's why I believe in evolution

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10442
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.