Agnostic.com

33 6

What is your love language?

What are some thoughts out there on this 5 love language book that seems to be all the rage these days?

m1chelle 4 June 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mine is gibberish.

Hahaha! I am fluent in gibberish!

I did not know it was suddenly all the rage again. It was very popular nearly 15 years ago I think.

Despite the religious aspect of it, I found the core principles applicable to relationships.

Of Dr. Chapman’s five languages, I think my primary language is words of affirmation.

Morse. Code

I express my love with acts of service, words of affirmation and gentle, loving touch.

Physical touch, acts of service, and quality time are all equally important for me. Whereas words of affirmation and gifts don't do diddly squat 😛

Lol!

What is love? Baby don't hurt me... Don't hurt me... No more.

silence

IAS1 Level 5 June 12, 2018

It’s been so long I hardly remember, but according to an online quiz it’s physical touch. Sure let’s go with that, sounds nice.

Pig Latin. Alas, l feel it is a dying language, explaining my inability to connect. ?

I like to receive it through touch but give it through acts of service.

Touch and eye gazing.

My love language with my husband (80) is to cook fabulously for him and take time with him just to talk.

Solid book, especially for pop-psychology. Touch is my number one, but no relationship will last if we can't nerd out and probably work out together too.

Nerding out is akin to quality time, but the way Chapman writes about quality time misses a lot for me.

My parents are polar opposites on love languages, but they've learned what makes the other smile.

@m1chelle IMO the book doesn't give enormously more information than you can find online. He sells himself and the book with anecdotal instances where he's saved relationships using the book's info.

It's worth $5 from half.com, but you can get pretty much all the information on love languages online.

@m1chelle If you REALLY want cheap books, I'd compare them at www.addall.com but also check on half.com bc sometimes there are discrepancies.

Buying and selling textbooks, I about broke even all through college with those websites.

Touch and quality time.

Italian.

Asci text...

Being kind.

Monty Python quotes!!!

"Nudge nudge! Say no more!!!"

I have a t-shirt that says;"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries." If a girl laughs at this or understands the origin then she has the required sense of humor for me.

@clarkatticus
I'm accumulating a small collection of Python shirts... a Mr. Creasote Wafer thin mint shirt, Spanish Inquisition, Run Away!, Ministry of Silly Walks... love them all.

I bought a ridiculously cool 'all over print' designed Black Beast shirt, but I gave it to a woman I know. There was something about the neckline that drove me nuts! It had a wide almost scoop neck feel, like my collarbones were showing. If womens shirts feel like that, how do they stand it? It was definitely a huge xl mens shirt. She is itty bitty so it will be a night shirt or something I assume! It wqs by far the most expensive t-shirt I've ever bought too! Bummer, but cool gift for someone who appreciates Python!

The Ministry of Silly Walks shirts (bought 2!) are my new faves!

I finally found the Black Beast of Castle Aarrrrrgh shirt... pretty sure I paid full $$$ because I bought it the first day I saw it! It was AWESOME! Print went all the way around, back too! Screaming obnoxious hilarious colors! Man, I'm still bummed!

[rageon.com]

@clarkatticus a 'girl' is not likely to laugh at it....... though a woman might remember it. My love language is being treated with respect ........ as a mature adult!

@Abbelyne if I wanted to be mature I'd want a relationship. The second I stop my sense of humor and ability to laugh I'll be glad to die.

Knowing your partner's love language is very important for a good relationship. Just understanding that they may have a different language is crucial. I wish I had known this in my first marriage. My strongest love language is physical touch, with quality time and words of affirmation being close behind.

69 words per minute, sorry per hour.Trust my own experience better.

English.

Physical touch. Best when my partner shares that language. Knowing love languages is important if you care about feeling loved and how to make your partner feel loved.

Marz Level 7 June 12, 2018

@m1chelle our languages just don’t work for long distance..

Manx gaelic all about tailess pussy cats

Words of affirmation

Ryksie Level 6 June 12, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:104957
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.