Agnostic.com

8 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Did you ever see that vid of Sam Harris on the Bill Maher show getting slammed by that ignorant, coke addled wanker Ben Affleck? Why do we make actors celebrities?? I wish they'd just stick to their job like my electrician and plumber do.

As someone whose family escaped a Muslim country...I agree that maybe 20% are intelligent people who were brought up with the faith and still identify with it. The rest of the religious Muslims are NOT what Ben thinks they are. Their ignorant and barbaric behavior is not acceptable. As a liberal, I have always had issues with that. My master's thesis was about the treatment of women in Muslim countries. My professors thought I was harsh and one-sided. The facts are the facts!

I hate Islam...... it's all I can do to not tell the Burka-ed that "religion is ignorance".

I think there are more than just he two options and points along a line between them. I think the model should be more three dimensional, rather than a single line on a single plane, if we are to find the best accommodations for women to insure equality.

I have carnal knowledge of women in 2 cultures! Beats a view any night of the week.

Islam is evil.

And I think the balance is way to the right in his example.

JacarC Level 8 June 12, 2018

Love this guy. Love his podcast. His podcast is what got me into podcasts. A reasonable voice in unreasonable times. He is always willing to discuss the hard topics. I just don’t see how people constantly try to misrepresent his views when he is so very clear and well spoken about them. I just always assume they don’t really want to actually address the subject. Thanks for posting this. I had not seen this yet.

Morality is not a religious icon, but the rights and wrongs of a modern society.

I have nothing but love for this man!

@WishYouWereHere I watched it the YouTube live show. It was awesome!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:104981
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.