Agnostic.com

2 0

Adding Events

I belong to a small humanist group in Fairfield County, CT. Can I create a post for when we have lectures? Tonight we had a professor from Yale talk to us about the history of Freethinking. Thanjs, Candice

Candyland 4 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it might be a good addition to this site if @Admin added an categorized events section that can be searched by localities.

The problem would likely be how to limit events to nonprofit and noncommercial events and verifying that listed events were not money making, for profit enterprises. Admin is just oen person, with a few friends who help out part time. This site may not have the man power to verify events listed as being appropriate for the site.

However, this message is tagged for Admin to see.

The best way, I've seen, to make such an addition to the site work, is to use a system like on Craig's List where readers flag inappropriate listings and after so many flags it is automatically removed from the site. Then if a member has lots of event posts flagged and removed, Admin can deal with those persons. That seems like the least maintenance work for such a feature that I can think of anyways. However creating the feature would be a great deal of work in itself.

You'd have to talk to admin,but think you can! You could make a group, and post with the event. Someone please correct me if wrong.

Thanks, but how does one contact the admin? Seems like an invisible being in the ether, controlling us...?

Thanks, but how does one contact the admin? Seems like an invisible being in the ether, controlling us...?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:105087
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.