Agnostic.com

2 1

Suggestion for those of us from higher levels: rather than just giving us the ability to "approve" posts, why not let some of the super users have rights to "disapprove" some of these multi-posts? I just saw a thread where the guy had managed to post the exact same comment 6 times. I approved the first one, but just left the remainder hanging there.

MsOliver 7 Dec 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It seems like you're thinking of making members of a certain level moderators.

This could cause problems among members who have differing opinions about what is or isn't an appropriate post or comment.
Who's opinion overrides the others?

Maybe think about asking 3 or 4 members who spend a lot of time here, and have a high enough level, if they would like to be a moderator.

This would help decide the fate of questionable posts or comments by a few moderators discussing it via private messages rather than a large number members bickering about whether it should be allowed on the forum or not.

You could even make the moderators known to the rest of the forum by some identifying mark or color. They could officially warn offenders via PM's. Possibly give them the power to remove consistent rule breakers.

@MsOliver That's why I introduced the idea of mods. I'm a mod on another site that has several thousand members and at some point, it will become necessary to have some sort of team to police the place so it doesn't become a free for all.
There haven't been many religious trolls here yet, but as word gets around more about this place they'll be showing up.

@MsOliver I also have no desire to be a mod here. I have enough to do elsewhere.

Good idea! I've been thinking of ways for higher level members to have more input on what shows up on pages. I'll try to add better checks for duplicate posts today (before I forget).

Admin Level 9 Dec 25, 2017
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10552
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.