Agnostic.com

2 2

Any baseball fans out there? Ever notice after some religious players hit a home run and then cross the plate they look to the sky and point up? Because of course god caused the home run. Just once, just once I want to see the same player, any player, point up to the sky after he strikes out. Certainly the same god caused the strike out.

lerlo 8 Dec 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why does it bother you?

It bothers me because of the hypocrisy. The player struck out and the same player hits a homerun. God didn't do either one of them. But if they're going to attribute only the home run to God they should also atribute the strike out to God.

@lerlo See? you never played the game so you are blind and ignorant to the pitcher that is thanking god from the pitcher's mouth for the strike out. Stick to what you know.

@GipsyOfNewSpain ok let me see if I can even explain it to YOU. Apparently you believe in god which is YOUR problem but simply, the PITCHER struck the batter out NOT GOD. Since you want my post switched from batter to pitcher so even you can understand it, when the pitchers points upwards THANKING GOD FOR THE STRIKE OUT, I WANT THE SAME PITCHER TO POINT UP THANKING GOD WHEN HE GIVES UP A HOMERUN. I won't waste any more time with you--go watch a baseball game.

@lerlo In baseball term... what is a 361? quick! you are just the kids that couldn't play and got disappointed because praying to god did not helped him to make the team. tsk, tsk tsk... what is a 361?

The strike out is a natural human failing. A home run is God's grace made manifest. And I think if you've ever swung at big league pitching you'd agree 🙂

Sorry, if I get the credit for the strike out I get credit for the home run--your "god" can't have it both ways. 🙂

@lerlo So you really never played the sport... sometimes the one giving credit is the pitcher. Stick to what you know. Baseball is not.

@GipsyOfNewSpain I played the sport and would venture to say I know it inside out and backwards. Either you can't read or you think that instead of pointing upwards the guy who hits the Home Run is pointing at the pitcher

@lerlo When you are an ignorant... I will let you go.

@GipsyOfNewSpain which tells me you can't respond intellectually to my comment and idiots always resort to name calling.. Thanks for showing who you are.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10576
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.