Agnostic.com

8 28

When you're interviewing for a job in the Bible Belt

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Simple answer, "My family decended from Robert E. Lee!" Interview over, you're hired!

jeffy Level 7 July 20, 2018

IN as few words tell me your church and how you vote.

Marine Level 8 June 14, 2018

I have too many Buddhist and Wiccan tattoos....I can't hide! LOL

@VictoriaNotes LOL fortunately everyone expects chefs to have tattoos and no one really cares anymore. I've never had any problem getting hired 🙂 My resume also lists the activism I've done for the pagans i.e. getting the DoD to recognize them as official religions and put the pentagram on military headstones in cemeteries! It was a great victory!

So what is it, don't ask and don't tell, ask but don't tell, ask and tell and you're fired?

@VictoriaNotes Whereas I understand your feelings my comment was a joke. This is the second time today my comment was taken seriously but it also gave me an insight as too why. Again, I can't imagine living in an area with so much overt religious hostility. And they say they are being targeted.
I was once in a similar situation. Our managing partner was an officer in the Salvation Army. We regionalized our human resources to San Francisco but he hired the wife of his minister. My non-religious feelings were well known and she started putting pressure on me (but she couldn't use religion and came up with other things). I fought it once and won but the second time was too much. Luckily, the tax code changed and I was able to retire without having to pay a early retirement penalty. Also lucky that I had a sugar momma to help out with finances.

@VictoriaNotes not surpised by that. South Carolina is the worst. My ex is from up there and most of them believe that the world is flat.

I'm past all that now. I still get some long looks when people ask me is God in my house and are we happy.... I guess I'm a happy ANTI CHRIST when I say I'm agnostic.

SERIOUSLY? They can legally ask that? DAMMIT....

@LucyLoohoo. As crazy as it sounds.... this happened today... you know how they kind if want to come into your house and keep getting closer to the door. I stood behind my door and as sonn as i told them my wife is spiritual and im an agnostic... she handed me a pamphlet for my wife and quikly backed up and left.

@VictoriaNotes oh yeah.... whew! I guess the louder they scream the more I'm suppose to listen... ?

@VictoriaNotes oh yeah.... and carry a cattle hot shot....lol.

This is so true! I have had a boss preach to me about the my musicianship being at odds with his religion before he had me transferred in a large corporation. This happened in Florida.

grrrr! you landed me in a dilemma: should i laugh or should i groan? 😉

@VictoriaNotes ha, this'll be the groghing lauan or the lauaning grogh... & how do i pronounce it anyway? (sorry, my silliness)

Reminds me of when your boss asks for your opinion on something and says "you can be brutally honest". Yeah, right.

Jnei Level 8 June 13, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:106121
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.