Agnostic.com

9 0

Do you have a favorite philosopher or school of thought?

macrobius 6 Dec 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Plato. Nietzsche. Marcus Aurelius....Kirkegaard....few others...must admit it has been a while I read Philosophy. However, I have read all classic philosophers.

I guess socreties....I love the I know I know not.

"Never Doubt the Man I See in The Mirror"

Any Rand demonstrates amazing philosophies in her fiction that seem to transcend her understanding and actual philosophical writing.

Bertrand Russell

george carlin and Sir David Attenborough.

Alan Watts for an easy read. And there's always a bit of humour as well. Must have a bit of humour when discussing 'deep' philosophical topics.

You man not consider this a serious answer but I'll throw it out there. The first serious series of books I read, as a child, were the various works of John Muir. Years later I read everything Edward Abbey wrote. Their philosophy was saving the planet for future generations. It seems that school of thought has gone by the wayside.

gearl Level 8 Dec 25, 2017

Desert Solitude was a good read.

yea. buddha . his teaching help bring peace and morality. forgiveness ect. buddhism believe ot or not doesnt pressure the beliefs in god or spirits or afterlifes of any sort. its atheist and science friendly and doesnt even require you to agree with everything they teach. they extremely tollerant of others beliefs as well

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10627
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.