Agnostic.com

7 4

LINK Eight priests of Diocese of Rochester accused of sexually abusing children

Rochester, N.Y. (WHAM) - Eight priests who were ordained or assigned in the Diocese of Rochester over the last eight decades are being accused of sexually abusing young children while they were in those roles.

Road to Recovery, a non-profit charity that helps victims of sexual abuse and their families, listed the clergy members who are accused of decades of abuse. Mitchell Garabedian, an attorney who represents several survivors of abuse in Rochester, stood alongside the president of Road to Recovery, Robert Hoatson at a news conference Wednesday morning.

zblaze 7 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Catholics got it wrong. It's celebrate not celibate.

xyz123 Level 7 June 25, 2018

In the Freedom From Religion Foundation monthly newsletter is a section called "Black Collar Crime". I like to go through the pages and mark off those that are Catholic. The majority are. [ffrf.org]

8 accused.... so how many are actually guilty? 20, 40? I'm being serious.

I first came across the following fifty years ago. It seems to have been common knowledge then, and nothing has really changed.

A handsome young lad named Kevin,
Was beset in a field by seven,
Catholic priests,
Oh those dastardly beasts,
and of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.

That's great, thanks jeshuey.

in my opinion, the catholic church is the largest organized pedophile group in the world. “Organized” because they go to great effort to hide, deny, and do nothing substantial to stop it.

The Catholic Church should be funding this charity.

So crazy! To me it seems like the Catholic Church is designed by pedophiles for pedophiles. Put them in jail for life!

Instead they simply move the priests to other jurisdictions where they are free to prey again. Note that I did not type “pray”.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:106933
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.