Agnostic.com

6 1

Does anyone else get this impression sometimes?

Does anyone else get the impression that society, in all divisions, requires a human to reduce himself in any way in order to fit in? Are norms always enforced with penalties and/or costs?

DZhukovin 7 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Society requires conformity to a greater or lesser degree depending on the dominant ideology, how ever all societies tolerate a degree of deviancy for the sake of negative comparison and in case of times of war.

This may explain why I have never fit in.

Society always looks to put everyone in a box.

Yes, and I don't think the human is meant to interact with society. He or she may have some ideal company for whatever, and that is it. I also stand firmly by the notion that modern society is post-social and post-natural, where everything is dominated by one's knowledge, know-how, ability to earn, and with those, other uniquely recently modern things.

This is why it is so important to find a support network of friends if not family...people who support and accept you the way you are so when you do feel degraded in some aspect, you can bounce back when need be.

PenLOP Level 7 June 14, 2018

I'll pass, lol. I have absolutely no interest in that.

No, it depends of what league you play on.

Yup, it does.

Yeah, definitely and for so many reasons that range in complexity.

In response to which question? There are essentially two questions in this post.

@DZhukovin for both. Take for instance the first question... A lot of people don't like their jobs but they have to do them to earn a living. Nobody likes to pay taxes or bills but we do it... Most people are slaves to their whims to keep up with the Joneses, despite the consequences like going bankrupt, etc... As for the second question.. That's the way society is and how it operates.. It's a system where if you are too strange you get ostracized however if you follow the rules you become invisible. I'm really summarizing, but what I'm getting at is that humans aren't encouraged to reach their full potential in any society of any government... We're constantly divided by gender, race, lifestyles, etc... And you're damned if you play by the rules and you're damned if you don't.

@mek7730

I can assimilate on that, I don't see any necessary dropping of proactive activity there.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:107019
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.