Agnostic.com

6 2

Memorable camping destinations

While growing up my family always did a little camping, mostly during summer vacation. My best memories are from Honeyman State Park, near Florence, Oregon. My cousin and I are around the same age & I remember hours spent riding bikes, exploring, swimming, climbing trees & collecting priceless artifacts (mostly useless junk). Tell me about any childhood camping trips or just memorable fun family outings. Or, as a parent, tell me about some awesome places you experienced with your family. It would be fun to compile a list of places I may try to visit one day. And as a reference for other folks on this site too.

Artisan1992 5 June 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So did our family, we recently wanted to go on a holiday to a canyon or walk in another country. But due to circumstances we chose Northern Illinois camping. I haven't regretted it once, and it's not that far from home. We have beautiful lakes and rivers. I don't really like nature and camping outside of civilization, but I had the Internet. I'll add some pictures later, sunsets are really beautiful. It's been so long since I've vacationed, I want to dive into those memories again and again.

Everything I see about camping seems like work and uncomfortable situations. Too hot, too many bugs, worrying about bears, hard floor, too much dirt, etc etc etc. Is it really pleasurable for all of you?

I was visiting my grandma and cousins just got a ⛺️. I was asked to go. 1st 4nights it rained. Tent leaked. Good thing we had air mattresses under our sleeping bags cause one morning we were floating. Not a good start to the trip but got to Acadia National Park in Maine and had a fantastic time.

Medoc Mountain State Park, NC. We just stopped for the night on a road trip and were pleasantly surprised. It was October, the park was practically empty, the leaves were changing colors......so pretty and peaceful. Further up the road we spent a day in Prince William Forest, VA........peace and quiet in a beautiful place....

Some of my favorite parks are: Wickham park, Melbourne, Bill Frederick park at turkey lake in Orlando, Stone Mountain in Georgia, Cherry Hill park just north of DC, and Lazy Lakes park down in the Florida Keys. There are some nice parks along I95 through NC and SC too.

Ive been living in an RV full time since last year. Ive had great experiences all throughout the southeast. I spent 6 months at a KOA in New Orleans that was wonderful and im staying in a park in Melbourne FL now within half mile of amazing beaches. I guess an RV isnt true camping but I have visited many campgrounds and enjoyed the peaceful quiet nature and park activities. Ive also met some cool people camping and enjoyed some pot luck cookouts and such.

check out hipcamp.com. it's like airbnb but for camping

@cyntemp Cool, thank you I will 🙂

I think you should marry me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:107524
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.