Agnostic.com

3 1

What is your prejudice?

Everybody's got them. What is the one preconceived notion that you've held on to that bothers you the most?

(Sorry if this is miscategorized. I was looking for some topic along the lines of "ethics" )

macrobius 6 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am fairly prejudice against christians (in my head only of course). If they have poor reasoning skills and no common sense I assume (I know, I know - don't ever assume) they are christian. I'm often correct. Think about it, many Christians I know only read one book, and other similar books discussing that one book.

Arrogant stupid people is the one group that I am truly prejudice against and My preconceived notion is that they are incurable. This has lead to me having no patience in dealing with them and a burning but controlled desire to beat the stupid out of them; although logic dictates that the brain damage I would inflict would only make them stupider.

But is this really a prejudice? To my mind to be prejudiced against a person or group is to dislike them without good reason. There are plenty of good reasons to dislike arrogant stupid people.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10788
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.