Agnostic.com

24 6

What has the atheist "community" done for anyone lately?

Please, don't get me wrong. I am an atheist when it comes to the Abrahamic religions, you know, the three fighting brothers, and an agnostic for everything else since I don't know everything.

I had a past conversation with a Facebook friend a while back. He was an atheist and we had that in common because he was talking about the bible.

"I hate bible thumpers," he said and I could agree but I wouldn't use "hate" as my feeling. I actually feel pity for them.

I live in a Christian community. They know I'm untouchable but respect me and I respect most of them on one level; they do things for the homeless and poor. That's pretty much it. I posted something about Brutal Christians earlier.

So to my no-longer atheist friend I asked, "What has the atheist community done for anyone lately?"

Of course, he was a dick, got pissed at me and blocked me on Facebook.

We have no community except maybe for here. What has this community done for anyone lately? We do for each other by just talking BUT how about our community or any atheist community?

I haven't researched this but maybe some of you guys know if there have been things done like feeding the hungry or housing the homeless. Certainly, Christian communities do this and I've actually allied with them and helped.

rabbibubba 5 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments (26 - 24)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10857
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.